Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with accents or wall color
Crystal Kash
February 4, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have cream walls and cream carpet along with tan sofa! I just bought navy blue curtains to add some color, what else should I do or what should I add???
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
ssmile
If it's in the budget, I would do hardwood
February 4, 2013 at 7:03pm     
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
Love the ceiling.. and you painted it too. Well, first the drapery rods need to be extended so the panels hang OFF the windows and they should be open a little more. Now, if you are closing them for privacy, still extend the rods, but have a double width on each side if necessary. Everything is TOO beige. If you are choosing dark blue as an accent, you will need to add some off white with it. You need a different rug in the dining area and you need one in the living room area. They need to have minimal brown and tan, so look for one that has a geometric pattern..rather large pattern using the same shade of navy with some off white only, a 5 x 8' in each area..buy 2 of the same rug. Then remove all brown/tan pillows from the sofas. Add new one using navy/white/tan all in different patterns..no solids. Remove the ottoman to somewhere else, add 2 small square glass tables in front of right sofa, add a long console table or cabinet on the wall to the right of the fireplace and place a piece of very large, tall, colorful art off center over one side of the console and place a very tall bulky lamp on the other side of it. Green plants.
February 4, 2013 at 7:19pm     
Jayme H.
Tie your blue into the rest of the room...pillows with blue in them...could be in a pattern as there is no pattern in the room.... A larger area rug with some blue in it also..The large livingroom wall could have a colorful piece of art. I guess Barbara Griffith said most of that already, I just realized!
February 4, 2013 at 7:36pm     
Aggie Purvinska
Looks great so far! I would do two rugs that are the same or related, one under the Dining Table, and One in living Area, a new chandelier, lower, about 27" above table. Some kind of wooden bookshelf on the bare wall, and end tables with lamps by the sofas...definitely accenpt pillows with both blue and gold and whatever else color you pick up in the rugs.

[houzz=Double Twist Five-Light Chandelier]

[houzz=Navy Buddy Pillow]

[houzz=Island Graphite Chevron Rug]

[houzz=Drumming Up Side Table]

[houzz=Lucite & Brass Lamps with Custom Gold Leaf Shades]

[houzz=Tall Draper's Cabinet]
February 5, 2013 at 7:08am   
More Discussions
Ranch home
Ranch with oak molding. Need advice on paint colors...
Grab Bar Backing
I'm building a home and may need to install grab bars...
Help to make the arrangemnet of my great room
I have a corner fireplace and wall to the left of the...
Securing Art on Shelves?
How do you secure pieces of art standing on shelves...
Modern Fireplace Needs Updating / Decorating Ideas
We would like to update our fireplace to flow with...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.