Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Bedroom improvement ideas
idec
February 4, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hello everyone ... I need some ideas from you. I want to make some improvements in my bedroom. particularly, the two spaces - a wall right to the door and a space next to the wardrobe. Some pictures maybe? some other staff? I need some ideas please :)
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
BeyondFrames
I would switch the mirror with the dresser and that would give you a big wall in front of your bed to decorate . Then, the suitcase could be replaced by a big vase with some decorative branches. Then try to think what would make you happy first thing in the morning. A gallery of your favorite pictures? Or, you could have fresh flowers on the dresser, candles, and a piece of art on the wall.

The color on your walls is stunning! May I ask what is it? Is it paint or a grasscloth wallpaper?
February 4, 2013 at 10:41pm     
idec
Thanks a lot for your input. Initially I had them switched, but the dresser looked tiny against the wall, since the wall was empty. I will try maybe to find a big picture over the dresser - something like this.

The wall has a wallpaper, I also love the color on it, just because every color goes well with it.
February 4, 2013 at 11:44pm     
PRO
JWinteriors
I would switch out the mirror with a large gilt framed mirror to reflect and add drama to the wall. I would add a armed accent chair in front of it for grooming. I would add sconces on either side of mirror. I would add an area rug 1/2 under the bed 1/2 out for softness and color/texture. I would remove dresser to the left and repurpose it as a foyer table, etc. Then center the taller dresser and add art, such as a group of 4 similar pictures 2 on either side..or maybe a full length lean to mirror. I like to have longer window treatments that go all the way up to the crown to give the room more height and drama. Dont forget the chandelier, lamps, wall sconces for lighting all around the room
February 4, 2013 at 11:48pm     
PRO
Amplio
Hi!

First of all I just want to say what a lovely room you have there!!
My first concern is that you have three, wooden matching furniture.
What about paint a one of the dressers to cut them up a bit?
I would have added a bold color to the grey (it’s as all ready said beautiful)
It comes more to life if you add a nice bold color to the room.
February 5, 2013 at 1:27am     
idec
JWinteriors
Thanks a lot! A great ideas you gave me for inspiration. I will try to work around them.

Amplio
I thought about painting the mirror thing, but did not have the courage to do so :) Now, since I have a support, I might try it!
February 5, 2013 at 3:55am     
idec
I also was thinking about removing the mirror, since my wardrobe has mirrors as well and having some floating shelves on that wall. But I am not sure about this yet.
February 5, 2013 at 10:09pm     
Elizabeth Julian
Love the color of the room, height of the ceilings and the floor, need to accent them. Have you considered putting the vanity diagonally in the corner shown. Add oval white crown modelling over the door to drawn your eye to the ceiling and white around the floor. Minimize the attention to the wood furniture as it does not accent the natural beauty of the room or accent it by adding white accents, vases or any vertical white accent. Beautiful room, good luck.
February 5, 2013 at 10:24pm     
idec
I thought about giving the room a vintage feel. Any suggestions regarding that direction?
February 7, 2013 at 1:04am     
ellie59
The room is great. What is the grey color. I am looking to paint a fireplace wall grey with accents
February 7, 2013 at 6:50am     
Elizabeth Julian
A chair rail with an interesting pattern might look great. White chair rail and you could chose an accent color below or just add the white rail.
February 7, 2013 at 6:54pm     
lparides
I don't like that small dresser next to the large armor , but your right some pic of your family and maybe a odd piece floating shelfs mite look nice or a wall decal with a nice saying
February 7, 2013 at 7:06pm     
PRO
Ruth Ann Chaplik-Secreto
I would put a slipper chair of some sort of bold color next to the armoire with a large vase with interesting tall flowers ?? Separate your furniture , one per focal wall. I hope you enjoy !
February 7, 2013 at 7:24pm