Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with paint color for walls and concrete windowsills
purplehoneypie
February 4, 2013 in Design Dilemma
This room will be totally cleared out, staging for sale. Room is 700 sq ft and there are 6 of these window walls. What paint colors should I choose for windows and walls. Also any window covering ideas?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
purplehoneypie
Thinking of a grey to match the stone color with a rich dark grey or some sort of tan/khaki color on the walls, again going for a woodsy look. Do I have to match the walls and the window wells the same color?
February 5, 2013 at 4:13am   
PRO
Mary Dancey Interiors
I say grey from the stone work as well and I would paint the walls the same colour as the window headers. These are not two areas you want to draw attention too, certainly not in the manner they are now. :) Since you're getting ready to sell I would remove all the pictures you have above the windows as well. I'd like to see the windows bare, it doesn't appear what you have installed is for privacy so I wouldn't worry about future buyers being concerned either. Lovely space.
February 5, 2013 at 4:21am   
purplehoneypie
Thank you so much. How do I tell the difference between a warm grey and a cold looking grey. What about the new Benjamin Moore grey color everyone is talking about? Something_____ Pewter? Am I looking for dark grey or light grey for the walls. Any contrast at all, or just all the same color as windowwells to keep it consistant.
February 5, 2013 at 4:29am   
PRO
Mary Dancey Interiors
Ask to borrow the Benjamin Moore colour designer sample box and chose your grey that way. You could go darker on the wall but keep it in the same family. I also think that if you use the same colour it will show up differently on the two spaces just given the two substrates
February 5, 2013 at 4:42am   
More Discussions
Giant Gator Art?
First, thank you to GroverAxle who helped me get started...
Rug pattern ideas with versaille pattern travertine, please?
I recently installed Versaille pattern travertine in...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Builder Grade to Craftsman Style
I have a pretty plain jane little white house and I...
i need help with 2 things stairwell and front of house
This is a very narrow stairwell and am trying to make...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.