Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with this table
massagegirl
February 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I just bought this table tonight, there were not any chairs with it..so now I'm on a hunt to find chairs.. What type of chairs do you think would look best with this table? Our cabinets are white in the kitchen with a brown granite countertop. We are wanting the top of this table tone white instead of leaving it the way it is now..any thoughts??
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dylan7gig
maybe either white chairs or brown chairs but i just prefer brown. white would be good. i would put something in the middle of it i dont know how many people are sitting at it but seems like a good table to go with your explaination of the kitchen
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 2:02AM
Patricia Pelgrims
Definitely white ! And I would leave table top as is.
1 Like   February 5, 2013 at 2:36AM
fisherswhit
I like your idea of painting the tabletop white. I would probably add solid white wood chairs.
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 2:40AM
margaretpeters
I would leave the table top as is and get wooden highback chairs at antique shops and estate/garage sales. Paint them all a unifying white. The look is casual and surprisingly attractive. My sister did this and went a set further to purchase used china. Each place setting is unique. The overall effect is beautiful.
1 Like   February 5, 2013 at 3:05AM
PRO
Digital Imaging by Tina - Interior Designer
Do nothing to the table; I'd go with oak chairs with white fabric or leather upholstered look...see sample. Good Luck!!! Houzz "Digtial Imaging by Tina"
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 6:20AM
Nancy Hehmann
Consider parsons chairs in brown leather or fabric. Sometimes you can find them at Marshall Home goods. I actually got mine from Carrington Direct , they make them in NC and have a website.
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 6:29AM
PRO
Gabberts Design Studio
I would leave the top as is, painting it white wouldn't look right. The chairs should be white if wood, or I would suggest an upholstered chair with a pattern.
1 Like   February 5, 2013 at 6:31AM
michigammemom
Love the distressed white finish on this pedestal table and the similarly finished carved chairs...such an unexpected and lovely pairing.
1 Like   February 5, 2013 at 6:49AM
14thstreet
White would look clean and fresh...
[houzz=21st Century Bungalow]

How about refinishing the top to a darker color to tie in the brown tones from your granite? You could do matching chairs, or mix it up with some great metal chairs, or a collection of antique chairs...
[houzz="Tabitha" Dining Furniture]
[houzz=KitchenLab]
[houzz=Lola B's]
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 7:05AM
lefty47
HI -- Looks like a good sturdy table . If you keep the top as - is , then go with chairs that have the same color wood on the legs with the white either in a leather/vinyl or seat , maybe something in a ladder back style or even a mid century style , almost any style really. I like the idea of the white top to tone down the gold/orange wood. You could do a white stain after a good sanding ,- then the wood grain would still show, then seal it. I think that would look more interesting than a flat solid white paint. Then the chairs could be those mid century style metal chairs ( Restoration Hardware ), or some modern chairs and if there are covered seats then even those can be a the accent color of your kitchen, if you have one .
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 7:12AM
ssmile
The Pottery Barn's Napolean chair in white would be perfect
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 7:13AM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
It really depends on the other colors your using. Stanley and Lexington both have a coastal collection the has great chairs in several different colors. They would look great.
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 7:18AM