We built our home three years ago, and my husband and I have learned we were definitely not home designers. When we enter our home, it feels awkward and uninviting. Here are the following problems I see with the room:
1. We did not design a foyer (thinking it would be inefficient and unnecessary).
2. To make matters worse, every wall has a window, a door, or an opening.
3. We recently purchased a living room set in leather, and we put our old sofas anywhere we thought they fit. I think the larger sofa fits nice under the window, but the smaller one clearly does not have room by the door. I am planning to buy slip covers to reduce all the brown in the room.
4. Because we have a nine-month old, he moves everywhere, and I know we need sofa tables, but I need something that will not make the room feel cluttered but is still safe for a baby crawling/walking around.
5. Our tv console is not the prettiest and was an impulsive buy. I have considered moving it to one of the bedrooms and ordering a custom entertainment center. Your thoughts?
Of course, the room has many more problems, but let's try to tackle these first. We are open to small construction (moving walls, etc.), but we are doing other projects outside so I would like a fix that's faster and less expensive than involving a construction crew. How can I make this room less awkward?