Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help with my living room. :)
mama8909
February 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
The couch is more of a blue than the rest of the furniture but I couldnt find anything in my price range that matched perfectly. I think the colors all blend well together though, and I plan on getting a new bigger area rug and wood coffee table and end tables.It is a long room so I put my little desk on the other side. What changes would you all make if this were your living room? Does it look good? Would like to re arrange as well. Any advice I would love to hear! Aso the colors in the photo do not look EXACTLY like they do in person
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
judianna20
What is your budget?
February 5, 2013 at 9:11AM   
mama8909
It depends on what its for. I would like to keep my furniture.
February 5, 2013 at 9:19AM   
PRO
STUDIO MB
I think your on the right track with all you ideas!
February 5, 2013 at 9:23AM     
mama8909
Thank you Maria!
February 5, 2013 at 9:24AM   
Diana Cheung
I would start off with moving the standing lamp to the right side of the blue sofa. Also try placing some plants in the corners of the room to fill it. In that way you don't necessarily need more end tables. A bigger coffee table and rug will definitely do. Somehow, I am missing a "pop-up" color to make your living room more interesting. Buy some decorative pillows and throws in complementing colors and patterns. Last, I would remove to shelve above the flat screen. In my opinion it has a cluttering effect.
Good luck! I hope you upload some photos after you're done.
February 5, 2013 at 9:38AM     
Jayme H.
Agree rug needs to be larger. I would hang pics lower probably. Are you keeping the same lamps? With a sofa, loveseat and recliner, it is sorta crowded...no offense in any way.
February 5, 2013 at 9:42AM     
mama8909
Im not offended. Lol. We tried a sectional and didnt like it too much. It is a little crowded but ive always been one to have each lol. Yes I plan on buying a bigger area rug for sure. I am going to keep the lamps and mabey buy some pillows that match them and the throw. so it all blends. Diana thanks for the advice. I would like to keep my shelf I dont know where to put it though. I am moving the standing lamp though now
February 5, 2013 at 9:50AM     
mama8909
I will also lower my picture frames as well. I think thats a good idea
February 5, 2013 at 10:03AM   
Diana Cheung
It's okay if you want to keep the shelf. But if you want to keep that in this room, then I think your best bet is to place on the wall behind the light blue sofa. In that way you can align the pictures vertically, on each end of the shelve. Still, I think there a lot of picture frames in the room. Maybe replace some in the other rooms in the house? Up to you!
February 6, 2013 at 3:35PM   
More Discussions
Need paint color advice for family room
We have a chocolate brown sectional couch for our tv...
Help! 70s tile bathroom
I just rented a new home and the bathroom is great,...
12' dining room ceiling
Dining table is 46w x 76d x 30h. Bought the RH double...
Small balcony, looking to maximize space while making it "loungy"
I have a small (12x6) blacony that is under utilized...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.