Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Does this look like a pocket door?
falknerlpp
February 5, 2013 in Polls
We received this pocket door. The large hole looks more like an opening for a standard doorknob than for a pocket door. We were told the opening had to be this large because pocket doors warp. What are your thoughts?
Pocket doors warp. This is a good solution.
This is a door for a standard doorknob.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
libertybella45
I thought I would'nt stop laughing,yes they do warp and go off track. However that hole is A peep'n Toms crule joke.
February 5, 2013 at 3:15PM     
PRO
Jabelone
I don't see what the hole size has to do with warping but you can install this type of pocket door hardware and you're all set. It comes in different finishes too.
February 5, 2013 at 3:35PM     
PRO
Dytecture
I agree, pocket door locks come in different shapes and sizes. Most of them however are rectangular, but it's possible to find some that are round.

February 5, 2013 at 3:44PM   
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
Jabelone has a great idea for that hardware. I used it in a clients house and the quality is amazing. It is the best pocket door hardware I've ever seen.
February 5, 2013 at 3:48PM   
Christine
No looks like a standard door. However you can make it a pocket door just install tracks overhead. If you don't want that large hole a finish carpenter can fill it in for you so you don't noticed once painted.
February 5, 2013 at 3:48PM   
falknerlpp
Thank you to everyone for your help. The hardware Jabelone suggested does look good.
February 5, 2013 at 4:11PM   
PRO
BeautifulRemodel.com
Hi falknerlpp,

The warping comment is funny, but definitely not true... ;o)

As you figured, most pocket doors typically come as blanks, because there are several shapes/styles of hardware available for them, and most do not fit into the standard 2 1/8" bore you have on yours. Jabelone has the best solution for your application as its available with a privacy lock. Another option is to use round "flush pulls" along with an edge pull.

~Steve
February 6, 2013 at 6:25AM   
kayasmomma
Jabelone, where is that hardware from?
February 6, 2013 at 6:28AM   
PRO
BeautifulRemodel.com
Hi kayasmomma,

The last one we used was from Amazon and was made by Kwikset

Steve
February 6, 2013 at 6:49AM     
PRO
Jabelone
@kayasmomma

It's from Hardware Direct. Kwikset seems to be the most common and they are widely available at retail stores and online but there are other brands I think. Just search "round pocket door hardware"
http://www.ihardwaredirect.com/kwikset-pocket-door-lock.aspx
February 6, 2013 at 9:44AM     
PRO
Jefferson Park Collection
Almost every project I work on has a custom cup!
February 6, 2013 at 9:13PM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.