Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Does this look like a pocket door?
falknerlpp
February 5, 2013 in Polls
We received this pocket door. The large hole looks more like an opening for a standard doorknob than for a pocket door. We were told the opening had to be this large because pocket doors warp. What are your thoughts?
Pocket doors warp. This is a good solution.
This is a door for a standard doorknob.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
libertybella45
I thought I would'nt stop laughing,yes they do warp and go off track. However that hole is A peep'n Toms crule joke.
1 Like   February 5, 2013 at 3:15PM
PRO
Jabelone
I don't see what the hole size has to do with warping but you can install this type of pocket door hardware and you're all set. It comes in different finishes too.
3 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 3:35PM
PRO
Dytecture
I agree, pocket door locks come in different shapes and sizes. Most of them however are rectangular, but it's possible to find some that are round.

0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 3:44PM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
Jabelone has a great idea for that hardware. I used it in a clients house and the quality is amazing. It is the best pocket door hardware I've ever seen.
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 3:48PM
Christine
No looks like a standard door. However you can make it a pocket door just install tracks overhead. If you don't want that large hole a finish carpenter can fill it in for you so you don't noticed once painted.
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 3:48PM
falknerlpp
Thank you to everyone for your help. The hardware Jabelone suggested does look good.
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 4:11PM
PRO
BeautifulRemodel.com
Hi falknerlpp,

The warping comment is funny, but definitely not true... ;o)

As you figured, most pocket doors typically come as blanks, because there are several shapes/styles of hardware available for them, and most do not fit into the standard 2 1/8" bore you have on yours. Jabelone has the best solution for your application as its available with a privacy lock. Another option is to use round "flush pulls" along with an edge pull.

~Steve
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 6:25AM
kayasmomma
Jabelone, where is that hardware from?
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 6:28AM
PRO
BeautifulRemodel.com
Hi kayasmomma,

The last one we used was from Amazon and was made by Kwikset

Steve
1 Like   February 6, 2013 at 6:49AM
PRO
Jabelone
@kayasmomma

It's from Hardware Direct. Kwikset seems to be the most common and they are widely available at retail stores and online but there are other brands I think. Just search "round pocket door hardware"
http://www.ihardwaredirect.com/kwikset-pocket-door-lock.aspx
1 Like   February 6, 2013 at 9:44AM
PRO
Jefferson Park Collection
Almost every project I work on has a custom cup!
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 9:13PM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.