Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
All of the Lights!
nlight11
February 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hi Guys!

We just purchased our home and the next steps are to the design center! In the photo you can see our layout.

I'm trying to decide if I want to just have a chandelier over the table area or also pendant lights over the top bar on the island. The can lights are going to be where they are positioned in the photo.

Thoughts?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
Chandelier most definitely. Pendants over the bar would need to be very simple and small.
February 5, 2013 at 6:03PM   
havenhus
I think it could get visually confusing with chandelier and pendants over the bar. Layers of light are best, add some floor/table lamps and make sure the cans go on dimmers or bounce off the walls.
February 5, 2013 at 6:04PM   
pitbulls
I like the chandelier idea. More a rustic type one.
February 5, 2013 at 6:10PM   
nlight11
Thanks!! I was leaning more to investing in an awesome chandelier so your feedback helped with that decision! ...now to buy a table! : )
February 5, 2013 at 9:07PM   
nlight11
p.s. this is the model home, not my actual home.
February 9, 2013 at 6:39AM   
Samantha Broxton
I agree too many hanging lights would get confusing but this is like our last house, talk to the gc and electrician about getting the chandelier centered over where the table will be, like in the photo I don't know what they center it to but it puts the light right over the person sitting at that end of the table, see if you can get them to move it left 12 inches or so, it will be an even bigger deal if you go for a multi light or rectangular chandelier.
February 9, 2013 at 8:01AM     
nlight11
Hi Samantha,

Great point, I didn't even notice that but it definitely would have been apparent after move-in and we got our table in there.

Will definitely return to the model and get the right measurements to center on table. Most likely will go with a rectangle chandelier so that will be important.

Thanks!
February 9, 2013 at 10:13AM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.