powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help for living room before husband kills me!
Melissa Coven
February 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have always loved the light airy white and light gray look. I was into gray before it became popular and painted every room a different shade of gray 8 years ago. We purchased a couch I loved last year for our living room that never gets used. It was a modern light gray I loved. Well, today, carpet has been installed. We had to go dark due to 4 kids ages 3-8. We chose a beautiful dark taupe. It's nice....but now the couch looks silver, not gray, and soo out of place. Our walls are a very light gray and looks great with either the couch or the carpet. My husband will kill me if I tell him how much I hate it! What can I do to pull them together? I was going to purchase 2 light blue spa chairs to replace the dark chocolate leather pub chairs, but ow I'm not sure what to do!! Any ideas or suggestions? A new couch is not an option! The picture doesn't show the contrast. The carpet is much darker and couch much lighter,
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Darzy
An area rug will solve the problem! A little color and pattern, and will "break up" the similar color of carpet/sofa/wall. Lower your art above the sofa and bring in the chairs a bit so hopefully you can get the front legs of the chairs on the rug.
February 5, 2013 at 6:50PM   
4resas
I think pillows in a stripe and/or floral can pull all the colors together. If you want a calm feeling room add art in the same colors. If you want to add a pop of color, then sprinkle it around the space.
February 5, 2013 at 7:00PM   
rapturehappy
I think a pretty ottoman with chocolate legs and some fun pillows and solid throw to bring all the colors into play.
August 7, 2014 at 1:02AM     
PRO
The Classy Home
you should put pillows on couch and put rug on the floor. hang some wall art or family photo on the wall. use coffee table. you can also put seating bench instead of rug. see living room design idea http://www.theclassyhome.com/comersus_listItems.asp?idCategory=397&Furniture=Stationary+Living+room+Sets
August 7, 2014 at 2:31AM