powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Designers-Please help with fixture selection!
seagal
February 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Kitchen installation is in the works. The chrome faucet has been installed and I am so not liking how it stands out. This particular faucet also comes in stainless. What do you think??
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
onthefence
My vote would be stainless. Or even a different fauet in ORB if you wanted to match your pendants (which are spectacular BTW!)
2 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 7:39PM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
I have to agree with onthefence A different one completely. This one looks totally wrong with the rest of the room.
1 Like   February 5, 2013 at 7:42PM
patty526
It is not the finish, it is the style. There are lots of styles that won't compete with the blends of the house. Simple is not stupid..., nor is it cheap! There are bargains out there though., but if it 's your home for a while, then I would do a wide mouth in your face , I am here to be used,faucet
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 8:00PM
sayswho
Have to throw in my vote too this one is totally not meshing with its surroundings.....find one a little bigger in size and matching to the chains on light fixtures and fixture seen in the other room (dining room?)
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 8:02PM
seagal
Yes, the light fixtures are a deep bronze. The minute the faucet went in, I just felt it wasn't right.
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 8:06PM
onthefence
Seagal, isn't it funny how our instict just tells us when we've missed our mark?

Were there other faucets in the running along with this one? Something beefier?
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 8:36PM
mveasey
Yes, the faucet is too ornate and shiny for this more craftsman style looking kitchen. Beautiful choices so far, I'm sure you'll find a faucet that will complement and be the crowning glory of this gorgeous kitchen.
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 8:40PM
mveasey
What kind of hardware goes on the cabinets? How about a faucet to match the spectacular globe lights?
1 Like   February 5, 2013 at 8:53PM
mveasey
Sorry, I guess since the holes are already in the countertop you could only use the first one...
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 8:54PM
seagal
Yes, unfortunately my choices will be limited. Thank you- I will check the first one out.
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 9:07PM
onthefence
1 Like   February 5, 2013 at 9:34PM
onthefence
And the connected bridge (much like your current one) http://www.vintagetub.com/asp/product_detail.asp?item_no=WHKBTCR3-9201-ORB
1 Like   February 5, 2013 at 9:38PM
seagal
Thank you for your input and suggestions. I haven't looked at the ORB faucets so I will go out and see how they look and feel in person.Would you then use the same finish on the cabinet hardware?
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 10:04PM
seagal
I have been trying to find a heftier looking bridge faucet. Would this one work do you think?
3 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 11:51AM
ann
Style and finish, I would do weathered Bronze
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 11:52AM
ann
would like Bronze
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 11:54AM
onthefence
I really like that one you just posted seagal. It isn't overly ornate but appears to have some heft to it. Really nice! I'm hoping it has a matching side sprayer available?

Err....just occurred to me - is the spread of the holes the same as what you have drilled now?
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 11:55AM
seagal
Yes and soap dispenser also. Thank you for your help.
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 11:57AM
mamala53
Is there not a way to put some type of cap on the extra holes in the counter top if you were to go with the third one posted by mveasy? I am quite challenged in how to execute all these things but I do like that faucet and think it would look great with the fantastic pendants.
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 11:59AM
onthefence
Excellent seagal. That faucet really has personality! Please post a pic when you get everything in. I'd love to see it.
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 12:02PM
cocinera
Well, I'm not a designer, but I vote for oiled bronze because I think it would blend with the countertop. I actually like the style, though, myself, I always choose what's easiest to clean.
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 12:16PM
0825sam
seagal - really like your new choice. Ordinarilly I am not opposed to the finish not matching the light fixtures, but in your particular kitchen I think it does make sense to match the finishes. I also love the second one posted by mveasy above if that comes in an option with the right number of holes.
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 12:25PM
PRO
Curb Appeal Renovations
Here are links for a couple Delta faucets...IMO you've got the awesome lights, then what looks like another cool light fixture in the dining room...I'd personally opt for a more streamlined faucet. Unfortunately you've got the holes drilled and you're stuck on what you can put in there. You could fill the 2 of the holes with soap and lotion like someone else suggested and then the 3 remaining holes with faucet, sprayer and handle. OR...what no one wants when they have just gone to the expense that you've gone too...use that plate that comes with a faucet and cover the 2 holes and get the faucet you REALLY want and the other 2 holes on the far left and right...put in the soap and lotion!!
http://www.deltafaucet.com/kitchen/details/4380t-rb-dst.html http://www.deltafaucet.com/kitchen/details/2480-rb-dst.html
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 12:38PM
seagal
Curb Appeal Renovations I really like the first faucet you posted. The chrome one that is installed now is 12" in height. The Delta is 13" and the Bronze Elkay Bridge is 17 1/2. I am not sure if scale is an issue but wondering if the taller would look more proportionate.
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 1:12PM
seagal
Sam0705- Thank you, I think you are right.
0 Likes   February 7, 2013 at 11:12AM
patty526
Don't forget, you can put an on demand water heater on any extra holes. If you are a drip coffee maker, or do a pitcher of iced tea every day, it is a real game changer. I LOVE mine
1 Like   February 14, 2013 at 6:10PM
seagal
That is a good idea- thank you!
0 Likes   February 19, 2013 at 12:50PM
PRO
Curb Appeal Renovations
LOVE the idea of the on demand hot water!! Didn't even think of that! great idea patty526! And...they come in hot and cold/filtered water. I'd recommend that...then you can really jazz up your faucet area!
0 Likes   February 19, 2013 at 2:22PM
bumbles12
What is your bench? Is it granite?
0 Likes   February 19, 2013 at 2:27PM
seagal
Bumbles12-The island is granite and perimeter counter is quartz.
1 Like   February 19, 2013 at 5:22PM
PRO
PoshHaus
Harrington Brass, and Rohl have my two favorite bridge style faucets!
http://www.poshhaus.com/store/Search.aspx?searchTerms=bridge+kitchen&submit=true
0 Likes   February 19, 2013 at 9:50PM
PRO
PoshHaus
0 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 6:56AM