Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Natural or synthetic grass
Belman Living LLC
February 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
With the hustle bustle of life it gets difficult to maintain your house, let alone your garden. So a lot of people opt for synthetic grass, so that the garden always looks green and neat. But then there are many you make efforts and have natural grass growing their gardens. Though this can be time consuming and a lot of hardwork, but people maintain these well too. What do you prefer, what do you see more these days in houses.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
violinist3713
I prefer natural grass because to me I like the feel of natural grass better. And the smell
0 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 2:14PM
Denice Shuty
The fact that someone would even consider artificial grass scares me. It is okay at a driving range, but for a residence - the ultimate in tackiness. Humans need to connect more with nature, not pave our outdoor spaces with chemically created surfaces. If you can't take care of a lawn which is high maintenance and water intensive go natural - sand, gravel, native plants.
2 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 2:20PM
PRO
lewis + smith
Fake grass is unfortunate in any situation. I am not sure what is worse, pouring a ton of fertilzer on a lawn that doesn't belong in a particular environment, or laying a sheet of platic grass down. How about minimizing the amount of lawn and planting more native plants and trees. The birds and other creatures will thank you.
3 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 2:30PM
PRO
Pamela Bateman Garden Design
It is a sad day indeed when people want their garden to look as perfect as their indoor living spaces. A garden is a living thing that changes with the seasons and cycles. That is the beauty of nature. I agree that the lawn can be reduced or eliminated and you can still have a lovely garden but an artificial lawn is as strange to me as having fake food in the refrigerator. A garden feeds the soul and there is no place in a garden for an artificial lawn.
1 Like   February 23, 2013 at 4:42PM
More Discussions
Pulls on Closet Doors
Hi guys, Dilemma. See below picture. Top 2 closet...
Island lighting sizes
Three fixtures evenly spaced over island that is 10...
What Do You Think Of Bold Colors?
Hi all! I found this pic on Elle Decor and I wanted...
Need help with my attic bedroom
I'm 17 year old guy and I need help with my attic bedroom....
Living room layout and furniture suggestions
Here are a few pictures of my living/family room. The...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.