powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
bathroom mirror and fixtures advice for a remodel??
donnag631
February 6, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I am confused about lighting in this space. I've attached photos of the room, tile, quartz, mirror, and and possible lo lighting fixtures. It's the same fixture with different glass shades. Which light shade do you like in the spot? Any suggestions for a different light? Should I change the mirror. Nothing else can be changed, at this point. Thanks so much.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donnag631
rest of photos - sorry didn't realize there was a limit.
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 5:36AM
PRO
Creative79 Design
Two framed mirrors with two lights above should provide ample light. The golden mosiac is beautiful. Just beware that the shades may cast a warm hue across the room. Nice space. Enjoy.
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 5:43AM
donnag631
Thanks, I think the gold is beautiful, too. You think it will fit the room and not clash with what's in there? I'm not good at choosing these things - lol. If it casts a warm hue, is it not good for task lighting? there are canned lights on the ceiling, but they aren't over the sink, instead, they're over the walk way into the room. Thanks again.
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 5:52AM
PRO
Creative79 Design
I do not think they will clash, if you are concerned that they do then the white mosaics are just grand as well. Choose interesting mirrors to add character but make sure that the mirror part is large enough to function. Some mirrors are all frame with small mirror section. A warm hue casted across the room is cozy and inviting, since you have the overhead lights as well, choose what you love. Search for mirrors and that will help you decide. Thank you for sharing.
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 6:07AM
donnag631
Thanks for you advice. Doing this solo is hard! Are you not feeling that pivot mirror? The reasons I selected them were: size - had to be narrow, the frames were narrow and in brushed nickel and finally they met my price point. I'm not loving them, but I think they can work. Thanks again : )
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 7:25AM
PRO
Creative79 Design
I love the functionality of a pivot mirror. I have found on projects that once the mirror is in place few clients ever move it. LOL Human nature I guess. I have had clients place small wedges (3/4" or 1") behind the mirror to slightly tilt a framed mirror since the homeowner was of shorter stature.
Pivot mirrors seem to only have contemporary frames around them so you might consider the more contemporary light fixture. The other elements on the room are more traditional in style. Hope it helps ratherthan cloud the process. :-)
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 7:32AM
donnag631
lol - you're right, it did cloud it, but that's o.k, I'm getting there! Which is more contemporary? The beige glass, not the mosaic?
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 9:15AM