Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What color to paint?
8trish
February 6, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I am replacing the carpeting with Bruce gunstock hardwood flooring. Can't decide on paint color. I want to remain light as the color will be carried through entire first floor. I want a neutral color that will also allow trim to show. Please help!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
8trish
Another view
February 6, 2013 at 5:42am   
PRO
Creative79 Design
No doubt you will purchase a rug for this sunny warm space. Take your lead from that. Beautiful room.
February 6, 2013 at 5:48am   
pitbulls
I would look at benjamin moore neutral/off whites.Pick a few samples, paint swatches on the wall and look at them different times of the day.Pretty room.
February 6, 2013 at 5:49am     
Natalie
Hi---check into SW 7037 Balanced Beige and SW 6079 Diverse Beige. Definitely add a rug to break up the all the wood once the floors are installed. The colors I suggested are light/medium... Your space is LARGE enough to accept the deeper hues... Hope this is helpful. Good Luck!
[houzz=Media Room][houzz=Kathleen Burke Design]
February 6, 2013 at 5:59am   
concordhome
Try SW7036 -Accessible Beige or if you want something different - SW6205 - Comfort Gray - it's a Gray-Green-Blue - very livable color, both are from Sherwin Williams Coastal Cool collection.
February 6, 2013 at 6:01am   
ann
I like a little bit of creamy yellow to accent all the wood, I just did hardwoods, and the color sure made it look richer
February 6, 2013 at 6:01am     
anglarsen
Take a look at Sherwin Williams' "August moon" - it's a gorgeous warm neutral that is somewhere between buttery yellow and beige and has an amazing tendency to go whatever direction you want: can be pastel, can be earthy, can be classic, can be funky. A fantastic neutral...can't get enough of it!
February 6, 2013 at 6:05am   
More Discussions
Male 21st birthday party theme
Any ideas on how to decorate the garden for a male...
What to do with this space?
New office space in need of some help. Any midcentury/eclectic...
(Scaling) My Hubby is getting SICK of this empty room (SO AM I!!)
........... It's the first room people see when they...
Garden Entry Gate Ideas
We made Brown wood gates for private entry, and now...
Help for house colors and curb appeal
Hey all! My brother in law and I just took down a pretty...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.