Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What color to paint?
8trish
February 6, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I am replacing the carpeting with Bruce gunstock hardwood flooring. Can't decide on paint color. I want to remain light as the color will be carried through entire first floor. I want a neutral color that will also allow trim to show. Please help!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
8trish
Another view
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 5:42AM
PRO
Creative79 Design
No doubt you will purchase a rug for this sunny warm space. Take your lead from that. Beautiful room.
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 5:48AM
pitbulls
I would look at benjamin moore neutral/off whites.Pick a few samples, paint swatches on the wall and look at them different times of the day.Pretty room.
1 Like   February 6, 2013 at 5:49AM
Natalie
Hi---check into SW 7037 Balanced Beige and SW 6079 Diverse Beige. Definitely add a rug to break up the all the wood once the floors are installed. The colors I suggested are light/medium... Your space is LARGE enough to accept the deeper hues... Hope this is helpful. Good Luck!
[houzz=
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 5:59AM
concordhome
Try SW7036 -Accessible Beige or if you want something different - SW6205 - Comfort Gray - it's a Gray-Green-Blue - very livable color, both are from Sherwin Williams Coastal Cool collection.
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 6:01AM
ann
I like a little bit of creamy yellow to accent all the wood, I just did hardwoods, and the color sure made it look richer
1 Like   February 6, 2013 at 6:01AM
anglarsen
Take a look at Sherwin Williams' "August moon" - it's a gorgeous warm neutral that is somewhere between buttery yellow and beige and has an amazing tendency to go whatever direction you want: can be pastel, can be earthy, can be classic, can be funky. A fantastic neutral...can't get enough of it!
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 6:05AM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.