Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Our New Bathroom
Ashley Hoffman
February 6, 2013 in Before & After
Worth waiting 10 days. Our old bathroom was mostly tile. Small space but works for our family of three. A bathtub was a necessity for having a three year old.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Joanne Heidkamp
Nice!
February 6, 2013 at 6:36pm     
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
I like the originality in the use of the tile and stone. It looks much better than the white tub surround. You might want to reconsider the open plumbing under the sink though. I think you should have kept the sink cabinet from the before bath. ;-)
Just kidding nicely done.
February 6, 2013 at 6:37pm     
Ashley Hoffman
Thanks. Yeah my mother came by when we got the house and said she loved the tree looking tile. And the old sink was actually a stainless sink surrounded by white tile that was chipping. The floor from the door to the shower was a small brown tile and the water never stayed in the shower area. It was like a shower you would find in the middle of a jungle minus plumbing. After the tile was taken out we found that they plumbing was incorrect and of course by the look of the bathrrom the floor was all rotted. Fun project. Lot more areas of the house to work on though. Next kitchen, then spare bedroom.
February 6, 2013 at 6:51pm     
Ashley Hoffman
Still have more to add to the bathroom, like storage, pictures. The little details.
February 6, 2013 at 6:55pm   
shellyv65
Turned out great! I have a small bathroom too. I think we picked out the same vanity. :)
February 6, 2013 at 7:00pm     
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
It looks like your on the right track. Sorry to hear about the construction problems.
February 6, 2013 at 7:09pm     
Ashley Hoffman
To shellyv65 thanks. I actually like the small bathroom, alot easier to clean especially with no tile. And thats funny you have the same vanity. I love it especially the heigth of it. And to Interiors International, Inc actually we were expecting to run into problems. I mean how often do you buy a house and renovate it and not find problems. It was expected and not a problem. Always something to learn from.
February 6, 2013 at 7:55pm   
PRO
GreenGoods Enterprise
your bathroom looks very nice. It is a good example for small bathroom ideas. The alcove bathtub with wall make the showering time enjoyable. The long legs vanity with Medicine mirror cabinet make the bathroom stuff very tidy and clean.
February 7, 2013 at 12:26am     
PRO
Reico Kitchen & Bath
Best transformations are sometimes the smallest ones! Way to craft the space to exactly what you wanted and needed. Enjoy!
February 7, 2013 at 5:38am     
PRO
Alone Eagle Remodeling, LLC.
That's a nice little bathroom there! I'm sure you wont run out of space with those big shelving units in the shower surround :)
February 7, 2013 at 3:17pm     
symbatsmith
Beautiful!
February 7, 2013 at 4:53pm     
Ashley Hoffman
Thanks everyone for the comments. I like working with small spaces. It was deffinently a quick transformation. Its hard to believe its the same bath. And yes there is plenty of shelving for the bath and a nice deep soaking tub for my daughters baths, which she did not want to get out of yesterday. I will be get a shelving unit to go above the toilet a towl warmer for the wall and a couple small things for the wall behind the door. I don't want it to be cluttered, but all of our bathroom stuff has been in the shelfs in our spare bedroom and well that is not a plave where I want it. Will post a couple pictures when completely done. Working on kitchen and spare bedroom now.
February 7, 2013 at 8:06pm   
PRO
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
Glad to hear and see your bathroom woes and joys! Yes, bath tubs are great for little girls!
February 8, 2013 at 11:43am     
odessalight
Wow your new bathroom looks great! The transformation is so nice I bet you are so happy;)! Accessories are great too and I have trouble getting too many sometimes so would love to see your finished product.
February 8, 2013 at 11:55am