powered by
Design Dilemma
Design Dilemma

Need help

jlr10February 7, 2013
Moving to new property and have a nice l shaped lounge brown colour which I plan to put in the living area in photograph and put a plasma on wall ... Not sure the brown couch will suit the room as it is so any ideas to make the couch look at home be much appreciated... Change wall colour or something??
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
I like the clean, contemporary feel of the room. Perhaps try to use matching area rugs and add some colored pillows to accessorize the sofas.
    Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 8:08AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
I would paint, particularly if the L shaped lounge sofa is dark. I would look for a large area rug to cover the seating area and find a color from the rug for the wall color. Actually in looking at the photo, not sure what to advise per seating and arrangement. What does the rest of the room look like? Is there enough room to pull the L shaped sectional up away from the wall? Would the L part of the sectional intrude on the door to the right or the sliding glass doors if against the wall? Would measure the sectional and room and work to find out where it could best work in the room.
    Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 8:26AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Is this the room with your furniture? Your description of a lounge doesn't seem to fit what I'm seeing - two individual sofas! Maybe this pic is of the previous occupant's furniture???
    Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 8:58AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Yeah previous occupants furniture...
    Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 1:01PM
Sign Up to comment
Related Discussions
Need help for my new apartment. REALLY NEED!!!!!!!
Can you help me to organize this all-purpose room :...
Terry Booth
Need Help/Ideas W/ Living Room/Dining Room. Layout help & design help
I've included larger and more pictures in the thread...
Need help! Lots of windows and need help with window treatments
Sorry about the lack of pictures... But, this is my...
Angie Tupa
Need help! We are building a new home and need some design help!
We are going for a rustic modern look. I like very...
More Discussions
HELP Improve my layout
Hi All, we live in a colonial home and need suggestions...
Helph with sliding barn doors for 1920's craftsman style home
We just purchased a 1920's craftsman style home and...
Household pests - What do you have?
We are currently under siege by ants at our house....
Emily Hurley
Do exterior doors/shutters have to match???
I've got another question for anyone who knows more...
Please help with designing large shower or keeping shower/tub design
Currently have a 9ft 4" x 3ft 8" wide space....
Sponsored Products
Pro-1000 Vacuum Sealer Starter Kit
$149.95 | FRONTGATE
Decorating Tip Set
$13.99 | zulily
Cherry Red 16" LED Oldage Pendant Light
$299.00 | Cocoweb
Wild Horses Antique White 40-Inch Steel Frame Curtain Rod Valance
$99.95 | Bellacor
Treasure Garden 50 Pound Cast Iron Umbrella Base
$108.50 | LuxeDecor
Holland Chair
$549.99 | Dot & Bo
New Unique Floral Light Blue Oushak 4' X 6' Hand Knotted Turkish Wool Rug H3585
BH Sun Inc
Fashion Street Floral Memory Foam 20 x 64 Bath Runner
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.