Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need a coordinating tile for shower - and vanity
calikym
February 7, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I had extra tile 7 years ago from my kitchen remodel and used it on my bathroom wall. I also had the floor tiled but didn't have the budget to do anything else. Now, I would like to tile the shower. I could also replace the vanity. Can anyone help? Included are photos of the floor tile, the wall tile and the shower.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Stoneshop
The mosaic tile looks like a light blue, and the floor tile is a dark brown? Please correct me if I am wrong.

If so, I wouldn't want to introduce a new color. Here are two options for you--a neutral option and one with color. The first one uses tumbled Crema Marfil marble tile. The second uses porcelain tile with a river rock floor.
[houzz=Port Credit Townhome]
[houzz=JR McDowell Homes]
0 Likes   February 7, 2013 at 11:14AM
calikym
The floor is charcoal, nearly black.
0 Likes   February 7, 2013 at 11:28AM
PRO
Stoneshop
In that case, Carrara marble (or a porcelain tile that looks like marble) would look great in your space!

[houzz=
]
1 Like   February 7, 2013 at 11:48AM
PRO
Susan Jablon Mosaics
Something like this will look so good with black visit this website for more tiles www.susanjablon.com
0 Likes   February 7, 2013 at 12:08PM
calikym
@susan - don't you have a glow in the dark mosaic tile that would match? Not sure the green really matches anything...
0 Likes   February 7, 2013 at 12:14PM
PRO
CMM Tile
How about a 2" Hexagon Carrara?
1 Like   February 8, 2013 at 6:38AM
calikym
@Calcutta - do you have a large, honed marble floor tile (18" x36")? I am interested in this for my master bathroom. Need it ASAP. Plumbing is roughed in and already received resin tub. Thank you.
0 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 7:12AM
PRO
CMM Tile
@calikym - we have 12"x24" Carrara Honed or 36"x36" Carrara Polished in large format tiles
0 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 7:16AM
PRO
Susan Jablon Mosaics
@calikym Yes, we have glow in the dark mosaic tile on our website and you can design what you want from the designer link on our website www.susanjablon.com
0 Likes   February 14, 2013 at 12:43PM
PRO
DirectBuy of Fort Worth
Emser tile has some great options for you on this. There is paladino a porcelain that looks like marble without the worries of marble. Then they have a prhttp://emser.com/index.php?name=PALADINO(TM)&id0=ceramic_porcelain&id1=collectionDetailsIntro&index=52&scrollMenuporcelain=293oduct called Direction that is an unglazed through body porcelain with a very neutral color palet.
1 Like   February 14, 2013 at 1:52PM
calikym
@directbuy - thanks for the lead! I have about 6 different boards at my house for 2 different bathrooms. Emser tile opened up a new world of possibilities. In my master, I'm looking for arctic white tile, larger format, and then lots of glass. It's very tough to find families of tiles that coordinate and whites are soooo...hard to match. Thanks again!
0 Likes   February 14, 2013 at 2:09PM
PRO
MarbleWarehousecom
My choice will be 24"x24" or 12"x24" Brazilian cleft or honed slate
0 Likes   February 14, 2013 at 2:16PM
ginitbirs
Try stone on floor. Feels great on feet.
0 Likes   February 14, 2013 at 2:31PM
More Discussions
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Need help with floor color
Looking to purchase Bella Verona Forti flooring for...
Help with granite wall diagnosis and repair!
Happy Thanksgiving! There is this beautiful granite...
Need help decorating my fireplace and living room.
Could someone please provide some ideas on how to decorate...
Buyers remorse or OCD? New house, new stuff, no clue!
We just moved into our new custom home and I can't...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.