Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What widows treatment HELP!!!!
Joanna Wroblewska
February 7, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have no ide what tpo do with those windows. We need privacy an light. The roman shades will take to much light, old blind are ugly and I need to replace them. HELP.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Sherri Bruen
I found some drapes at BedBath&Beyond that are translucent. They allow light in but prevent seeing in from the outside. They are working very well for me. Sliding doors are such a challenge. I'll be looking forward to other suggestions.
February 7, 2013 at 12:12PM   
maggiemeans
what translucent drapes did you find that do this? I have not been able to find anything like this.
February 7, 2013 at 12:18PM   
PRO
Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
February 7, 2013 at 12:26PM   
PRO
Blinds Direct Canada
Ripplefold sheers would look great and still give you the light you need . It traverses really well and comes down easy for cleaning.
http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/drapery-toronto/sheer-drapery.html
February 7, 2013 at 12:44PM   
PRO
Nancy O'Hara Interiors
You could do a solar shade and they come in different levels of opacity.
February 7, 2013 at 12:45PM   
PRO
A. Peltier Interiors
When I work with clients who also want a combination of privacy and light, I find that canvas window treatments tend to be a good choice. I found this drapery from west elm. I think the pattern makes it really fun and eye-catching, without being overwhelming.

If you want to filter light during the day, another option is to put some sheer panels underneath your decorative panels. You can open and close both, so that the sheer panels can filter light during the day and the decorative panels can keep out even more light when you need it. Hope this helps!

February 7, 2013 at 12:55PM   
sjkingston
Hopefully that is not a sliding glass door above a stairwell!
February 7, 2013 at 11:30PM   
Joanna Wroblewska
No it is not sliding doors. Just two large windows. Another thing is that this part is part of my living room. We just enter in to living room area and the kitchen is on the left side. Down is the basement and other part of the house. Annyway, this is chalenfging design. I want to thank you for your comments. I consider all of them and I come up with some idea. How about something like cofe curtains?
February 7, 2013 at 11:49PM   
PRO
Maison Pompeii Antiques and Interiors
I would use an up down shade made with solar shade fabric. This will give you a balance between light, filtered light, and privacy. The shade is mounted on the sill and pulls up.
February 8, 2013 at 3:26AM   
PRO
South East Installation Solutions, LLC
Consider a panel track system. The panels are only 10-18" wide and could stack totally off the left side of the window. They are available with screen fabrics, woven wood fabrics, and even plantation shutter style panels.
February 8, 2013 at 4:40PM   
More Discussions
need help with kitchen
would like to paint my white kitchen cabinets a color...
Floor color in colorful kitchen?
We are making this kitchen. Wondering what floor color...
What to do in two tone kitchen with floor to ceiling pantry
We are redoing our kitchen and love he look of dark...
Help, I've fallen into beige and can't get out!
Beige. It's a nice neutral color but I'm at the point...
Concrete floor v. Cement overlay
Hi Houzz Family: My wife and I are doing a bathroom...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.