powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
I want to paint my dining room set(table &chairs,dry sink & hutch) a dark brown,but I want some of the wood to
Jami Taylor-Stidd
February 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Table & chair,dry sink & hutch
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Jami Taylor-Stidd
I know I posted this wrong! Lol it's my first time on here
February 8, 2013 at 2:02AM   
Jami Taylor-Stidd
What I want to do here is paint it dark brown w signs of natural wear(wood showing thru' in some places) this is a real wood set & I'm a lil scared- can anyone give me some ideas?
February 8, 2013 at 2:05AM   
rinqreation
Get yourself a tin of darkbrown, black paint and transparent darkbrown (stain). Start with your table (it's lighter, so it will probably need a full layer in advance). Degrease first and sand down in direction of the grain. Take a brush and a peace of cloth, put on some gloves if you want. Put a bit of thinner (look if the paint is water/solvent based!) in your paint. Apply black and wipe some off as you go, especially the spots you regularly touch like corners (it will look like natural wear). When finished, leave to dry. Apply brown paint in the same way. See if you're almost satisfied or want to put on more layers and/or sand down some spots (in direction of the grain looks best). When satisfied, apply a full layer of brown stain allover and there you go. Note: better make a hundred thin layers to do it right, than two thick and start over. There sure might be more ways to do it, but this is one. Good luck!
February 8, 2013 at 3:10AM     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.