powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with window and door colors on new construction project.
lfowls
February 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are at the moment trying to decide on window types/colors for exterior and interior. Here is the house. Our house will have a white board and batten, white window trim, and natural cedar shingles. On the main level we plan on having three sets of wide french doors all the way across, instead of having that middle section with just windows.

We are debating what kind of exterior and interior window color. We are leaning in the direction of black aluminum windows. We want a barn inspired/agrarian look/modern farmhouse. The back of the house will look down on a river.

We are especially stuck on what do with the french doors. Do we go black, a whole different color, wood, white, etc.?

We would much appreciate any advice on windows (or the house at all for that matter). We are not designers by any stretch of the imagination.

Thank you!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Ironwood Builders
A few of my recent countryside projects have opted for bronze exteriors with wood interiors for their windows. There is s sage green available in the clad wood style from Marvin and Fensterman, which would come closest to your concept colors. I really like the compact size of your design and the excellent architecture. Interesting and creative.
1 Like   February 8, 2013 at 9:07AM
PRO
Ironwood Builders
Photo has a bronze exterior and Douglas fir interior.
0 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 9:09AM
PRO
Fenstermann LLC
Congrats on your new project, the concept is beautiful! I would suggest that you use wood with aluminum-clad windows and doors. I would also suggest a folding door system instead of a large french door in back. That way you will be able to have a large openning for entertaining, and enjoying the lake! If you have time in the process, I would love to send you a color wheel. That way you can choose colors you like, and find the perfect fit!

Here is a photo of another folding door system we did in San Diego. You may consider this color for the exterior as well.
0 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 9:29AM
foreverfarm11
i love the folding doors, but I dont know about anyone else, I really wouldnt want to open my doors to flies etc?....beautiful house - hope you post pictures when your done.
1 Like   February 4, 2014 at 5:42AM