Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Vintage art!
alsad
February 8, 2013 in Other
Hi! I have recently started redoing vintage windows/frames to turn them into earthy pieces of art.. This one was a really old window pane that was cleaned, scrubbed and finished with a 'falling rock' theme. Unfortunately, I didn't take any before pics. Would love to see what you guys think!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
misspeggy7
VERY, VERY COOL... I love it. I do think it would have looked great without the bamboo. If you were doing this just for me..I would have wanted just the stone. I think you have an amazing eye!!! I love this.
February 8, 2013 at 9:39am   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
nasmijati
Wow, that is creative! Did you use double paned glass? How did you get the rocks to stay in place?

I have had a number of pressed flowers/leaves between two panes of glass as window hangings or coasters, and they always end up fading over the years. That is what attracted me to the rocks.

I agree that I would like this particular window better if there had been only one kind of material (rocks OR bamboo). I think because one is organic and one is not.

Do you have any photos of windows using only one type of inclusion?

I would also be very interested to see what you would create given a wider collection of items, such as "sea things" - shells, sea glass, sea urchin spines, maybe a pearl. Maybe "vintage children's small toys" - clear or cat's eye marbles, jacks...
Odd numbers. Three or five related categories but not too many examples of each to keep it from being cluttered, and artfully arranged as you have done with the rocks.

I wish I could pop over to your studio and watch you work! I am looking forward to seeing any other examples of your special windows. :)
February 8, 2013 at 11:39am     
More Discussions
Help with stair rails
As you can see in the picture, my staircase only has...
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...
Is this possible? - TINY 2/1 condo...NEED another 1/2 bath!!
I've been trying to figure out HOW we could possibly...
Help! What to do with empty spots!!
At the advice of you sweet Houzzers, I ditched my tall...
Bi Level Entry Design Help
Hi all! Working on updating our entry way...there is...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.