Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Bar stools
tvjustdesserts
February 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Looking for some bar/counter stool ideas. I have a small kitchen island but would like 4 stools. To the immediate left is a bedroom entrance so I cant have anything too large so as not to look 'crammed'. Thank you for your help!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Aggie Purvinska
Great work! Have you looked into these guys, they are "low profile" and comfy..

[houzz=
]
February 8, 2013 at 1:44pm     
Emily Ramsey
You may have to go with 3. 2 on side 1 on end. 4 may be too crowded
February 8, 2013 at 1:45pm     
onthefence
Everything I've seen recommends at least 24" width per seat. Unless your island is 6' long (which it doesn't appear to be) I agree with Emily in sticking to 2 on 1 side and 1 on the end.
February 8, 2013 at 2:02pm   
PRO
CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
I never do stools that wide-max 20". Some in my kitchens are only 16-18" . I don't like a crowded island with huge chairs. There has to be room between them and outside of them.
February 8, 2013 at 2:06pm   
onthefence
Sorry - my wording was bad. I meant that what i've seen is to allow 24" per person (not the width of the stool).
February 8, 2013 at 2:08pm   
PRO
MAGGIE FLOWERS INTERIOR DESIGN LTD
If you want petite stools that pop....Bontempi has white leather stools with stainless bases....really comfy too.
February 8, 2013 at 2:08pm   
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
It appears to have room for 3 with one possibly(doubtful) on the end. here are some stools
Farquar Lake Residence
West Coast Fusion
February 8, 2013 at 2:19pm     
PRO
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
I think the max you can hope for is 3 stools and those will need to be small and I would recommend no back to them. Use something like Aggie Designs posted.
February 8, 2013 at 2:29pm   
benniebonita
On the short over hang fill in with wine rack holder then to add chopping board or table top on a hinge then put stools under this part lower if not use ,make it to size needed for your stools and room size it could have legs permanent or fold away thought doing it that way it saved what you had and adding wood is normal next to what you have good for prepping food added space just a thought
February 8, 2013 at 3:46pm     
Blue
Check out Collins stools from room and board. Great size and very comfy.
February 8, 2013 at 4:06pm   
PRO
CUTmodern
Love the contemporary vibe in your kitchen. A short industrial looking bar bench would work well. There are a few options on the CUTmodern.com site, all from local, independent designers.
February 8, 2013 at 4:24pm   
tvjustdesserts
There is actually an overhang on the 'short side' so im planning on a bar stool on that side. All these suggestions are amazing! I will likely go w/the pottery barn stools as we have PB in Canada.
February 9, 2013 at 7:16am   
calikym
Just want to say, you've done a beautiful job with your kitchen. The countertop is so pretty and love the green. Plus even the pulls and handles look great. Nicely done. As for stools, main thing is comfort. I have stools from Pier 1, and after sitting in them for 10 minutes, my back aches. Look for comfort first! By 1, sit on it a lot, then buy the rest. Anything that is solid wood will be miserable.
February 9, 2013 at 12:03pm   
lindsayuconn
What size is your island? I am doing something very similar and would love to fit 4 too?
February 9, 2013 at 12:16pm   
tvjustdesserts
The granite slab is 51" by 34" (includes overhang). The kitchen is by Nolte kutchen a german company. You should google them they have very neat, contemporary kitchens.
February 9, 2013 at 1:43pm   
More Discussions
I will NEVER have _____ in my home!
What's the one thing (or a few things) you refuse to...
Arch Wall: Yay or Nay ?
I know this may be a matter of preference, but if this...
Please help choose colors for living room
I am looking for ideas to pull this room together....
How to lighten up this kitchen?
We are looking to lighten up this kitchen by painting...
afraid to put wood flooring in kitchen!
We will have hickory (light, in varying shades) flooring...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.