Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Dining chairs
frenchystew
February 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I built this dining table. I like it but I would like to get chairs in the same color scheme if possible modern or contemporary style but without breaking the bank, any ideas?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
So you want black chairs again? Is that what you mean?
February 8, 2013 at 2:59PM   
frenchystew
I would like to get chairs close to the table color. Wood and/or leather, no cloth.
February 8, 2013 at 3:02PM   
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
In the photo below, the chair on the right might blend with your table. It's from West Elm and costs, I believe, $199. The color may be too burgundy.
February 8, 2013 at 3:24PM     
janeyfulloffun
I wouldn't try to match the wood. It will never work and would be boring anyway. I like the ones you have.
February 8, 2013 at 3:28PM     
PRO
Curb Appeal Renovations
why is fabric out? I wouldn't do wood, first of all, it would be too uncomfortable and no one would sit for very long. Aren't conversations around the dinner table the best?! I'd go for a color...black is okay, if you can tie it in with other colors, but love the blue above that Carolyn has posted!
February 8, 2013 at 3:33PM     
onthefence
Those chairs that Carolyn posted are gorgeous! I think the beige or blue chairs in the photo would be great with your table.

Truthfully I don't see how you could match the wood here. There are too many tones.
February 8, 2013 at 3:41PM     
tennisanyone
I like the chairs that Carolyn posted in blue. Picks up your rug.
February 8, 2013 at 3:43PM     
charleee
What kind of wood is your table? It's gorgeous!
February 8, 2013 at 3:53PM     
Jayme H.
Great job on the table!
February 8, 2013 at 3:58PM     
PRO
Franks Home Maintenance
You know all of the houses you see the leopard - print chair that seems out of place? Put them here. :)
February 8, 2013 at 3:59PM     
frenchystew
Olldbobbi, the wood was pine and I put a red stain on it (Minwax-gunstock 231). I used a ball pin hammer and hit the table everywhere to make the little holes on it. I used marine varninsh, 3 coats but it wasn't the finish I wanted so I used a resin mixture for the top to get the glass top look. I also turned a old Lowe's spool into a matching coffee table.
February 8, 2013 at 4:29PM   
charleee
That's awesome! The problem with most marine varnishes is that they yellow so good idea with the resin.
February 8, 2013 at 4:30PM   
PRO
CUTmodern
Wow, that table came out really nice. The wood looks pretty unique, so matching it exactly might be tough, and a little contrast might be nice. We work with local, independent chair designers who specialize in modern design. I'm sure they could do something pretty affordable. Here is one option that would work, but checkout our site www.cutmodern.com
February 8, 2013 at 4:31PM     
PRO
K.O.H. Construction Corporation
I built a lot of furniture in my time, your table is unique and I like it. Good luck with the chair hunt.
February 8, 2013 at 4:36PM     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.