powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Living room and kitchen connected and I want to paint!
mrznati
February 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
So the living room and kitchen are all one room ! The only thing dividing them is a half wall!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christyjulian
I just did my main level that is also a very open floor plan in Stonington Gray by ben moore. Very nice color and you can add different accent colors to separate the kitchen from the living room. good luck!
0 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 3:59PM
mmilos
The space needs to be one color on the walls. A warm gray would look nice. Try Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter.

Unrelated comment: I think your TV needs to be way lowered. Like 2 feet.
0 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 4:03PM
charleee
Are you looking for two different colors of paint? If yes, you have a natural dividing point with your pony wall. I wouldn't go with two colors but two shades of the same color should be ok.
1 Like   February 8, 2013 at 4:04PM
tennisanyone
Before you paint, how do you feel about moving the furniture? I love your place but I am bothered by the layout. I see that you have a half wall with three things above it, can you take a picture. I realize you put the tv there because you want to see it from the kitchen but I think you can do a better arrangement first. I think I would like to see the couch on the big wall. What is hiding under the plastic? I like your pillows and would pick up a blue in paint.
0 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 4:10PM
mrznati
I just moved in like 3 weeks ago! Just trying to get ideas on how to decorate.... Under the plastic is nothing.. Just a yellow wall... That's going to be moved... Soon ...
1 Like   February 8, 2013 at 4:22PM
mrznati
And the half wall ... Isn't connected to the 3 things on top of it.. That's next to the entrance door
0 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 4:24PM
tennisanyone
OK take a picture of the half wall with the three things you have hanging. I love the feeling of your place. Yes, agreed, the yellow needs to go.
0 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 4:26PM
tennisanyone
Oh I see now. So what is to the right of the door? I'm thinking the tv can go there but not sure. WOW you are fast to respond.
1 Like   February 8, 2013 at 4:27PM
charleee
Sometimes we can comment til the cows come home and NEVER hear a response !!!
2 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 4:29PM
mrznati
There's not much space there... The window is too close to the door.... That's the best place for TV .. All the other walls are too small!! Now u see my dilemma!!
0 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 4:33PM
mrznati
I like the yellow wall cuz I had the accent chair there! Maybe thinkin of a nice decal on wall... With a small table next to accent chair in front?
0 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 4:34PM
tennisanyone
Now I see it. Thanks. Yes, the wall is too small to hang the tv but now I'm thinking the tv can still go there but lower. I don't like the tv taking up such a big piece of the feature wall. I can think of a million things to do with that beautiful wall then look at the tv. I would rather you just try the couch there and move the tv closer to the door on the stand. I never like my back to the door. Then I would get two chairs to face the couch. You said you have a accent chair? Great, face that into the room.
0 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 4:40PM
Coralee Angell
I love this apartment, the sloped ceiling gives it so much character. I would consider painting the two longest walls including the yellow wall and leaving the two gable end walls white. Because there is so much wood, I would pick a warm colour such as beige.
1 Like   February 8, 2013 at 4:59PM
Lkristine
Paint if you are able too.......
0 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 5:12PM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.