Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
New look kitchen
dawgfan1980
February 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hello everyone! I've had some free time on my hands here lately and decided to update my kitchen. I just wanted to see what you're thoughts were. Painted the cabinets white. I felt I needed to brighten it up with the darker brown on the walls. I put on Venetian bronze knobs and I put in a vintage Edison style fixture. The fixture also has the vintage bulbs which put off a very yellowish tint. I hear they make a vintage bulb that puts off a regular white light. Not sure what would look better. Thanks to everyone for their comments.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
4resas
It looks so much brighter and fresher.
February 8, 2013 at 9:39pm   
dawgfan1980
It's amazing what a new coat of paint can do.
February 8, 2013 at 9:52pm   
PRO
Dytecture
So far so good, do you have more views of the kitchen to share ?
February 9, 2013 at 5:23am   
Cheryl Nelson
Where did you get that light?? I LOVE it!! Please share!
February 9, 2013 at 6:22am   
Natalie
Hi---the light and cabs look super. Do consider painting the walls a lighter shade of the current color---the cabs look very stark and for a room this size, the less contrast the better. Off to a great start... Good Luck!
February 9, 2013 at 6:26am   
Genevieve
Good job !
February 9, 2013 at 6:35am   
vickiric
Great job!! I painted my cabinets a couple of years ago and still love them. Hint: I saved just under a gallon of the paint, so every spring I clean and then do touch up on the cabinets, and base boards. I think it keeps them fresh looking.
February 9, 2013 at 6:53am   
dawgfan1980
Thanks everyone! I do have a good bit of touch up to do. The light is from lowes. It ran about $200. Here is the other side of the kitchen.
February 9, 2013 at 10:38am   
Cheryl Nelson
Thank you! I think your kitchen looks great but I would go with a lighter wall color. Nice job though and thanks for the light info! That is exactly what i have been looking for!
February 9, 2013 at 1:19pm   
aniluap2
It might be interesting to use different handles on the drawers from what you use on the cabinet doors...maybe bin pulls and I think the doors could go with an even larger diameter knob. It's personal preference, just my bias. However, that said you have done n amazing job - looks lie a brand new kitchen. You should be very proud of yourself.
February 9, 2013 at 1:33pm   
More Discussions
You know you live in California when...
You have an avocado tree in your backyard and four...
Exterior Colors
What color roof/shingles would complement the house?...
kitchen countertop
Want to compare cost of coutnertops
Urgent Help Needed: Diva Married to a Redneck
We recently bought a new home. It was in marriage contract...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.