Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Stairway wall- Photos?
Jennie Bridges
February 9, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have been staring at this wall for years and never could figure out what it was missing. I have 3 large 16x20 framed photos of my kids and thought this might be a good way to show them. My dilemma is with how to place them, whether this could be a good photo wall, if so how would it look best presented? Don't like a lot of busyness but would love to show my photos. Does anyone know of a program that I could download to graph this out? The wall is way to cumbersome to think about using newspaper cutouts.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nlight11
Perhaps photoshop would work, you would have to figure how to make the shapes scale with your wall
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 7:01AM
vickiric
When I'm trying to place pictures before putting holes on the wall I cut out the size of the picture with frame in brown paper. Then using a light beam level I put where I think they would look good using painter tape. Then spent the day looking and adjusting. Then when I put the nails in the paper and then remove the paper and hang the picture, it's not so scary. Sorry if this is what you are calling newpaper cutouts? Have fun.
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 7:11AM
Dar Eckert
I think I would start by snapping a chalk line parallel to the ceiling about 2 feet below it down the length of the stair. Then I would take one photo and position it at the bottom with the upper right corner touching the liine. Then equally space the photos up the stairs.
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 7:17AM
sherryclune
Are your photos tall or wide? If wide, I would stair step them to match the angle of your ceiling. Are they color or black-and-white? If you have the option, I think black-and-white in black frames would be the most classic.
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 7:38AM
Jennie Bridges
Wide and color. the frames are white but they are matted with different color matts.
Keep the ideas coming. I am really bad at this.
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 7:42AM
njmomma
There is so many things you could do. You can paint the staircase wall an accent color or just a deeper color then you have on the other walls, put up molding, wall paper, stencil and decorate.

inspiration:
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 8:00AM
sherryclune
I like your two photos on the right. When photos are too close to the step, they get bumped into. (I have three kids, too, and have learned that lesson.). Buy new mats, so they are the same color. It's a cheap fix, and it will unify them. I think a mat that is darker than your wall color. It should still look alright with your white frames.
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 11:21AM
More Discussions
Can anyone identify the fabric on this chair?
Does anyone know what fabric is on this chair? Or know...
Looking to sell my home
Please view my home on my profile
Southwestern for living room
I have living room 11 1/2 X 24 with large picture window....
Repurpose this hutch
Bought this hutch and thought I would use it in a bedroom...
Best way to keep shower glass clean?
Do you have any tips or tricks to keeping shower glass...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.