Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Organization
courtneysal82
February 9, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I need help! I have to figure out a way to organize all of my daughters make up! She has a lot! I am open to all suggestions!!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ajkfog
I think something from Ikea will work
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 7:08PM
PRO
Edits! Interior Styling
Ikea expedit would be my choice
1 Like   February 9, 2013 at 7:25PM
Lkristine
Looks like she definitely needs more hidden storage! If you get a desk with drawers, I bet she would love it! She would have a spot to pull her stool up closer to the mirror too! And then, even though it seems a bit strange, a portable type kitchen pantry or a tall laundry cabinet for extra storage could be placed on the side of the desk where she currently has the small plastic drawers. Examples--- http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sauder-Shoal-Creek-Desk-Jamocha-Wood/17451427 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mylex-Single-Door-Pantry-Black/14071516?srccode=cii_10043468&cpncode=30-113985280-2&adid=1500000000000036337750&veh=cse
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 7:26PM
PRO
LB Interiors
First, she needs to declutter. Declutter. Declutter. Clutter creates anxiety. It's been stated many times and is proven. I'm almost certain that she has doubles, triples etc of colors and products. You might have to build a new room if she continues. Lol.

I don't think there is any reason that anyone, except maybe a makeup artist would have all of this. A makeup artist also limits themselves to very important choices. It becomes too confusing. Too much to choose from.

When was the last time that she checked everything? I 'll bet she hasn't and just keeps adding to the clutter. She doesn't even know what she has. We all do the same thing. She probably hasn't used 7/8 of all that makeup. We all do, then by not getting rid of anything, we keep buying storage containers. I love storage containers, but there is a limit.

If I were her Mom, I'd ask her nicely to go through all her stuff. Tell her you will help her if she becomes over-whelmed. Remind her that she has no place left in her room to really enjoy her own space. Ask her to please be honest with herself. It is very difficult to get rid of things that we truly believe we need. The truth is, we don't need all of it.

Help her separate the items by category. Lotions, eyecreams, body stuff, shadow, liners, lipsticks etc. By making simple choices by choosing the ones that she likes the - best - I think she will be able to get rid of some. It is such a freeing feeling and frees you of anxiety.

Once you have less prodoucts, then you can decide if you currently have enough storage for it or that you may need a different solution and re-think the available possiblities.

I suggest a desk with drawers and makeup mirror on top. Decorative boxes and containers to help. coordinate with her room. She will feel fresh and will uplift her spirits every day.
Madeline Storage Desk & Hutch
Hooker Shabby Chic Computer Desk with Optional TV Hutch
Worlds Away Phillip Ice Glass Desk
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 7:41PM
Manon Floreat
Something like this would be perfect for her! It's at PB Teen, but could be pieced together with IKEA items and a little creativity.
9 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 8:36PM
PRO
Susan Mills Design
Manon, you did it again, I love that piece!
1 Like   February 9, 2013 at 8:43PM
Manon Floreat
I love vanities!
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 8:45PM
PRO
LB Interiors
I love vanities also.
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 8:52PM
PRO
Susan Mills Design
Me too!
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 8:54PM
PRO
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 11:25PM
parsleycarrots
What about an antique vanity? These are staples at flea markets, estate sales, and second hand shops. You can often get some good deals because they are so specific in nature.
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 11:44PM
More Discussions
Feed back on area rug
Does this rug work with my colors?
i need ideas please :(
I am struggling on choosing our dining room table!...
choosing cabinet pulls
My house is from 1885 and we finally redid the kitchen...
Furniture ideas
Looking for color/furniture ideas for new basement...
dining table
Hi i only have a eat it dining spot and was wondering...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.