Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Basement Layout
Paul Weidner
February 9, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are finally getting around to finishing our basement. We want it to be the place to watch the game, play pool, video games, watch movies, etc. I have started designing it in Sketchup. I would like to add a small bar area but do not know where to in this setup. Also, the poker table is not one of our 'requirements'. We have the pool table and arcade right now. Any advice or questions are welcome!

Note:To the left of where the TV is there is a spiral staircase taking up 6'x6'ish. The doorway leads to the older part of the basement with smaller ceilings.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Two options. Put the bar in the recess where the poker table is shown. You may need to turn the pool table the other direction to have enough room for taking shots. What is the white thing at the pool table end? Is the arcade in the corner by the poker table? Another option would be to put the bar and arcade in the end with the stairs. Could the arcade fit under the spiral? Then you could put the pool table in the center of the space with plenty of navigation room around it. Que racks and a few chairs for the players could go in the recess area. The sectional could float at the other end and not seem so crammed in with the stairs. That way you might have room for a coffee table and an armchair to work with it. I assume the big white item is a built-in which could serve to hold a flat screen TV.
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 9:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Dytecture
I agree, that niche on the right would be a perfect spot for a bar, and allows more furniture options for the main basement area.
1 Like   February 10, 2013 at 6:19AM