Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Master Bedroom - not sure how to bring it all together
lizohamm
February 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Not sure what to do with the window space area -- how to polish off this space and bring it all together
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
pybo
The curtains appears to be too short for the windows, try mounting the rod higher. Let the curtains go all the way to the floor. The idea is to make the windows appear as large as possible. Go with lighter color like the gray on your feature wall or white or an accent colour. To not chop off and break up the windows do wider panels or pull the panels to far left and right side.

Add a small seating area by the window to relax in.
Transitional Master Bedroom

Also perhaps consider adding a dresser, console table, or desk underneath the wall mounted TV.
Parkwood Road Residence Master Bedroom
February 12, 2013 at 4:28AM   
decoenthusiaste
I suggest you do shades or binds on the windows and mount two single panels floor to ceiling outside the bay as in the post by pybo. Bringing more color and pattern with a big area rug pulled half-way under the bed. You should consider replacing the ceiling fan with a wonderful chandelier or pretty drum chandy. Try painting, papering or doing a faux treatment on the tray ceiling for some interest.
Master bedroom
Bedroom
Folly Beach, South Carolina
Jade Beach
Mary Trantow
Master Bedroom
February 12, 2013 at 4:51AM     
DIAspoton
excellent suggestions above. hang black and white photography or sketches, matted in white and framed in silver. the bed seems uninviting. monogrammed shams and a throw across the bottom would help.
February 12, 2013 at 5:17AM   
lizohamm
Thanks everyone! -- How about furniture suggestions for our window area? What would you suggest to put there?
February 12, 2013 at 6:37AM   
PRO
What's Inside Design Ltd.
Hi Liz,
You have a beautiful room!
I would recommend a simple blind over the windows and then mounting your drapes on the wall in front of the "bay" area.
I digitally added these to help give you an idea.
Have fun decorating!
Caroline :)
February 12, 2013 at 7:24AM     
PRO
Blinds Direct Canada
Since you done have alot of space above the frame for a rod I would go with an Ibeam track . An I beam is a thin white track that would be hidden so you wont see any hardware. I would recommend the panels sit on the floor for the best look the ibeam should be mounted to the ceiling .
February 13, 2013 at 7:08AM     
DIAspoton
2 comfortable swivel base club chairs with modern lines upholstered in a rich charcoal sculptded chenille. it's soft and would add some needed texture. a round gass top table on a chrome base to compliment the bench at the foot of the bed. put a mirror tray with a candle and an orchid or white calla lillies on the table. a fluffy cream color rug to define the space will a bit of fun and romance.
February 13, 2013 at 7:26AM     
PRO
Straight A Builders, Inc.
It likely wouldn't take much for an electrician to put a power outlet and video connections inside the wall behind the TV for you.
February 13, 2013 at 7:26AM     
hollycz
When I saw your space, i thought of this photo that I love. It wouldn't be much of an investment to add the trim around the opening of your bay to give it a distinct look. The wainscotting and textured paper would look beautiful as well and add lots of light to your room. Good luck!
February 13, 2013 at 7:37AM     
decoenthusiaste
For the bay, you could use a chaise, a pair of chairs or build in a bench with storage. I'd like a pair of the chairs below - seems to pick up the color from your bed wall.
Master Bedroom bay window
Venetian Eclectic Bedroom
Higgins Club Chair
Piedmont Residence
February 13, 2013 at 7:38AM     
More Discussions
Color for kitchen?
I am moving in with my bf's into the condo/apartment...
Livingroom
Ok so have been without a sofa for about 3 months...
Need help deciding on a backsplash and wall color for kitchen.
My cabinets are dark cherry with black stain(I think,...
Help finalizing layout!
After many rounds of design to get to an appropriate...
Small living room space! Not sure where to place furniture?!
We have a small formal living room space , And I cannot...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.