Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Cabinet pull dilemma!!
politehouse
February 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I need help choosing knobs, pulls and handles!! So lost! Would like oil rubbed bronze. Please keep in mind that our kitchen is far from finished :)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginale
I love ORB hardware. Do you have your lights chosen yet? I just ordered ORB hardware and lights for my new kitchen Reno. Go with what you like! :)
February 10, 2013 at 5:59PM   
abbshel
I think ORB would be way too dark. I would do polished or brushed nickel.
I feel like pulls/knobs should complement the look and color --- not be something that jumps out at you.

Love your cabinets!
February 10, 2013 at 6:00PM     
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
ORB is fast going away. I suggest brushed nickel or pewter instead, if only for longevity's sake. With the style of your cabinets, I would like to see bin pulls on the drawers and knobs on the cabinets, both in the same finish.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID Stamped Bin Pull Q.M.I. KB-41-SN Rope Back Plate Knob, Satin Nickel
February 10, 2013 at 6:08PM   
politehouse
Well our faucet is orb and the countertop will be a very flecky quartz (silestone bamboo) so I know the orb will match and we love the contrast on the white. My question isn't what colour, it's what type of knobs and where would you suggest us buying them? We are in Ontario Canada.
Thanks!!
February 10, 2013 at 7:33PM   
PRO
Lee Valley is one of many Canadian hardware companies that should have what you need. Buying cabinet hardware is like buying jewelry. You select pieces that please you. For your drawers, you could select a bin pull such as the one above, or you could select a different pull. Knobs typically go on doors.

Frequently hardware is offered in collections of pieces that are designed to go together. Using pulls and knobs from one collection will insure that they go together well. But you can also mix things from different collections.
February 11, 2013 at 5:29AM   
jodi1240
I like the bin pull idea for drawers and knobs for the doors. Look at Hobby Lobby for those, they have 50% off all the time. (if you want to save a ton of $$)
You can order on line. http://shop.hobbylobby.com/search/?keyword=knobs
February 11, 2013 at 5:40AM   
PRO
Politehouse wants a to buy her hardware in Ontario. I don't believe that Hobby Lobby has expanded to Canada yet.
February 11, 2013 at 5:57AM   
DIAspoton
beautiful cabinets. congrats on the new kitchen. i have to agree with carolyn on the ORB. any chance you can exchange the faucet ?

i did one bath as well as my front door hardware in ORB when it was becoming popular a few years ago. loved it for awhile. however,it's very limiting for the rest of your decorating , especially accessories. it somehow makes me notice the hardware throughout the house. the brass door knobs and hinges. it's annoying. said bath is getting a minor facelift this spring and the ORB will be replaced.
February 11, 2013 at 6:07AM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.