Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Barber Shop Decor Ideas
wrightforbruce
February 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Recently opened business and in need of any ideas on decor for upscale barber shop. Client seating, wall decor, etc. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Manon Floreat
I can't tell where the service area is from the photos, but it looks like the logical place for the waiting area would be near the entrance. A pair of leather club chairs on either side will keep your guests comfortable while they wait. And a bowl full of pistachios for a quick snack! Grounding the area with high quality and well made rugs will warm up the space and absorb some noise. If there's a spot for it, a wall mounted flat screen might be nice. But maybe not upscale enough? If not, a sound system would be good. You can have a coat rack on either side of the door.

Here's a collage I put together with some ideas. I like the vintage art. The straight razors are photographs and are on Etsy. The black and white photo, is titled "Chicago: Barber Shop, 1941". I'm not sure who the photographer was. You'll have to take a look around and see what other type of art would appeal most to you and your customers.

Hope this helps and that your business is tremendously prosperous!
1 Like   February 10, 2013 at 11:47PM
PRO
Dytecture
Houzz is more geared towards residential designs, but if you look through the 'find local pros' section there might be designers out there who have experience with a barber shop or commercial space.
0 Likes   February 11, 2013 at 6:17AM
janishill
Hang a TV above the door with the 'Three Stooges' streaming. Place a leather bench under each window and a leather recliner directly across from the bench. Have comic books and sports illustrated in magazine holders beside each recliner. An animal print rug on both sides to help hide dirt.

Do a 'trophy head' wall with a narrow table under it. This is the perfect place to have a drinks station with a Keurig to one side and a wine cooler under it. Place a grouping of trophies to one side. You can find these at a thrift store and have the plaque replaced with a new one inscribed with the name of your shop.

Hang a vintage bow or something equally interesting above the toilet.

If you have the space set up a dart board.

Men will look forward to having a few minutes to completely relax before having their hair cut.

hope you will post pictures when you have the space finished!
1 Like   February 11, 2013 at 7:10AM
Susanna
I like the answers above and I just have to add that every guy I know seems to have nostalgia for old barber chairs. This puzzles me because most are too young to have real flash-back nostalgia. They have never even been in one. Even though everything else you do is modern, I would consider trying to find the old-fashioned chairs.
0 Likes   February 11, 2013 at 7:22AM
Susanna
Such as
1 Like   February 11, 2013 at 7:26AM