Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
New Patio
Christopher
February 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
What do to with this corner of the Patio. The a/c unit cannot be moved. I would like maybe a confir container in the corner and to the left. I've thought about foutains, you name it...nothing fitting really well. The picture of the corner is w/o the patio furniture. I've added another picture to show with the patio furniture. Any ideas would be most welcome!!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
zennifer
Could a lattice box be built around it? I'm thinking very open lattice, so as to not impede airflow.

Or, a bar over it?
February 10, 2013 at 8:23pm     
PRO
Kevin Wild - IBB Designer
move the pair of chairs over there and have a conversation area with an outdoor table. Then put a sofa, club chair and cocktail table where the 2 chairs are currently and make it comfy!
February 10, 2013 at 8:23pm   
Christopher
In the winter or more specifically in the summer, the unit is running, so sitting closer to the unit would be a bit bothersome because of the blower.
February 10, 2013 at 8:26pm   
PRO
Bargain Backer
Latice would do well with some planters or furniture in front of the lattice.
Here are some good ideas on garden accessories from our store. http://www.bargainbacker.com/Garden_c_7.html
February 10, 2013 at 8:27pm   
Christopher
Ken - I think you just need to come over and show me personally!
February 10, 2013 at 8:31pm   
PRO
Trouble Free Electric
Just my 2 cents here, but I think that a pergola with built in dimmable LED lighting and weather proof speakers would look great. An even nicer touch would be to have the concrete stained and possibly add a fire pit for those cool nights.
February 10, 2013 at 8:35pm   
PRO
True North Constructors
I agree with Trouble Free Electric. Some kind of classy shade structure with lighting then furnish according to Kevin. Then a translucent stain and sealer on the concrete patio.
February 10, 2013 at 9:19pm   
lepstein
What way do those lovely windows face? Wouldn't a shade structure impede light? I'd say plants - a planter and some pots would work there. Also like the idea of an open lattice over the AC box.
February 13, 2013 at 7:54am     
Christopher
Lepstein - I totally agree. That was my and still is my plan. Although i am think of a teak bench to go over the a/c with a lattice behind the bench which will still allow for venting, then a couple of pots with, I'm thinking some dwarf conifers.. Thanks...you helped confirm my thoughts!
February 13, 2013 at 8:04pm     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.