Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
How can I use this wall better?
Kared
February 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Considering mounting the tv but with mirrors there may be too much clutter.the mirrors are too high.how high should I mount the tv?i am a complete amateur. Can I put the mirrors behind the couch in the dining area to replace the gold framed rectangular mirrors?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Brenda Fisher
Yes change the mirrors, as is they will give a face impression if you mount the tv. Place the rectangle mirrors one above the other on one side of the mounted tv and balance the other side with a tall framed print black and white or graphic but not a lot of colour. In the dining area you need the circle mirrors to offset all the hard lines. Position mirrors on the diagonal to avoid the eye effect and place a shelf full width below them. Shelf should be same tone as frames. Also the runner behind the couch does not function as a hallway it just separates the two spaces. Ditch it and add a long sofa table back there. It will give that hall feel and break up the solid feel of the couch from the dining room.
February 10, 2013 at 11:10PM     
auroracanby
Might be helpful for us to see what happening on that fourth wall to the left of the TV/mirrors wall.(red?with a passageway and the part of a window?). I think those two round mirrors are great actually -- to me they suggest portholes, which gives a whole other dimension to that wall, but Brenda's right about the "face" if the TV's there -- especially if its mounted. I'm wondering about lowering the mirrors a bit and putting the couch on that wall, swapping it for the TV/table. So that diners wouldn't be looking at the TV's backside, you could stand a folding decorative screen behind the TV. The screen wouldn't have to be tall or solid -- could be woven or carved, but the view from the sofa would also be much more open and interesting looking toward all that rather than at a wall, and a folding screen closer to the dining table to add more intimacy there. The two rectangular mirrors are perfect where they are.
February 11, 2013 at 12:44AM   
Kared
Thank you both.great suggestions.please see attached the 4th wall.
February 11, 2013 at 8:55AM   
More Discussions
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
need help selecting kitchen faucet
I have a constraint in selecting a faucet in that my...
need help for entryway
The front of our house is really boring. We want to...
TV location?
Am in the process of purchasing this home. It is small,...
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.