Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Kitchen finally finished.
woodyren
February 11, 2013 in Before & After
Finally all complete and in use. Design was lready done by the builder when we decided to purchase the house but it was at a stage where we added our finishing touches with help from this site. We addded the granite, splashback, outdoor kitchen. Really happy with the quality of work. The owner builder who developed the property for sale really went the extra mile and did so much extra work to get things how we wanted. After reading many horror stories on here it was so refreshing to find someone who took so much pride in their work

80mm black galaxy granite benches. We wanted 60 but the stone guy said there was enough extra in the slabs to do 80mm at no extra cost. Granite on the left and right side splashbacks and glass in Resene "stun" in the centre splashback. The granite on the side was due to the stonemason after suggesting he could do 80mm for us forgot to re-measure the breakfast bar so the top was 20mm short because the waterfall end was thicker. After discovering this at the time of installation his solution was to put granite at his cost to splashback height at each end. (and take $500 off the total price).

Splashback colour has more of a olive greenish/.gold/bronze colour to it in natural light.

Breakfast bar has granite facade also. Looked at a few options and I had an idea to try this. When I suggested this to the stonemason he agreed it would look great and it came out of the slabs that we needed to do the job and outside bench so it added only a little amount to the overall price.

Also a photo of our outdoor kitchen. Do a lot of wok cooking so we mostly do that outside.
Kickers to be put in to finish.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Oakwood Veneer
This is a great kitchen and you did a great job.
February 11, 2013 at 6:49AM   
PRO
Reico Kitchen & Bath
Well done. Thicker tops are really sharp!
February 11, 2013 at 11:02AM   
PRO
Creations by Alno, Inc.
Great Job. I love the outdoor kitchen space.
February 11, 2013 at 11:25AM