Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Kitchen& Cabinet help
Paula
February 11, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Looking to up-date or add to my kitchen some custom feels. Please give your ideas.. I had thought of sanding all cabinets and painting a faux like color.. What about adding decorative accents with molding? Would hardware change look? What details would make it look and feel custom ?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
PH Interiors, LLC
If you are going to sand thecabinets, I suggest staining them darker rather than doing a faux finish - which always looks faux (not good). Then add some contemporary knobs and pulls. Finally, you might consider some nice thick crown molding to finish it off.
February 11, 2013 at 12:59pm     
rinqreation
I think the middle cabinet (with the hood) looks way off. I'd remove it to make the rest more transparent (cheaper than getting glass doors, which was my first thought). I the crown molding attached to tthe cabinets or can it be screwed loose? Further I agree with PH.
February 11, 2013 at 1:11pm   
wmpj
Is there anything wrong with the cabinets or do you just not like the color of them? I think they look great and look good with everything else in the kitchen. You could add modern looking brushed nickel hardware to the cabinets.
February 11, 2013 at 1:14pm   
0825sam
I like your cabinets too. What about adding some contemporary hardware, removing the counter extension backsplash and adding a tile backsplash?
February 11, 2013 at 1:15pm   
parsleycarrots
Some nice hardware on the cabinets would make a big difference. What about a tile mural behind the range, complemented with some nice field tile on the walls below the cabinets?
February 11, 2013 at 1:17pm   
PRO
Hummingbird Designs
I really like your kitchen ..... Add a nice funky colour to the walls and back splash... And a few modern accessories to go with them change the hardware.
February 11, 2013 at 1:17pm     
PRO
Hummingbird Designs
And I forgot to mention update your bar stools :)
February 11, 2013 at 1:18pm   
stephanieshelburne
Your kitchen has good bones...I would suggest cabinet hardware and possibly a backsplash to add some color.
February 11, 2013 at 1:26pm     
0825sam
If you search kitchen photos for maple shaker cabinets tan counters I think you'll see some nice ideas for updating (hardware, stools), backsplash, overall look.
February 11, 2013 at 1:31pm   
PRO
Flat Magic Art & Design
Another idea is a custom mural for behind the stove to add visual pop and depth. www.stepheneprice.com
February 24, 2013 at 11:49pm   
More Discussions
Please help me with my dinning room
Hello, I don't want to have a combined dinning and...
POLL: What color is your front door?
Let's talk about you! The color you choose to paint...
dining room dilemma
I'm trying to update our once formal dining room to...
Kitchen cabinets need repainting - help me choose!
I am planning to paint the kitchen cabinets in an old...
Dark Stone Mosaic: Leave it or paint it?
What on earth should I do with this random backsplash...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.