Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Kitchen& Cabinet help
Paula
February 11, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Looking to up-date or add to my kitchen some custom feels. Please give your ideas.. I had thought of sanding all cabinets and painting a faux like color.. What about adding decorative accents with molding? Would hardware change look? What details would make it look and feel custom ?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
PH Interiors, LLC
If you are going to sand thecabinets, I suggest staining them darker rather than doing a faux finish - which always looks faux (not good). Then add some contemporary knobs and pulls. Finally, you might consider some nice thick crown molding to finish it off.
2 Likes   February 11, 2013 at 12:59PM
rinqreation
I think the middle cabinet (with the hood) looks way off. I'd remove it to make the rest more transparent (cheaper than getting glass doors, which was my first thought). I the crown molding attached to tthe cabinets or can it be screwed loose? Further I agree with PH.
0 Likes   February 11, 2013 at 1:11PM
wmpj
Is there anything wrong with the cabinets or do you just not like the color of them? I think they look great and look good with everything else in the kitchen. You could add modern looking brushed nickel hardware to the cabinets.
0 Likes   February 11, 2013 at 1:14PM
0825sam
I like your cabinets too. What about adding some contemporary hardware, removing the counter extension backsplash and adding a tile backsplash?
0 Likes   February 11, 2013 at 1:15PM
parsleycarrots
Some nice hardware on the cabinets would make a big difference. What about a tile mural behind the range, complemented with some nice field tile on the walls below the cabinets?
0 Likes   February 11, 2013 at 1:17PM
PRO
Hummingbird Designs
I really like your kitchen ..... Add a nice funky colour to the walls and back splash... And a few modern accessories to go with them change the hardware.
1 Like   February 11, 2013 at 1:17PM
PRO
Hummingbird Designs
And I forgot to mention update your bar stools :)
0 Likes   February 11, 2013 at 1:18PM
stephanieshelburne
Your kitchen has good bones...I would suggest cabinet hardware and possibly a backsplash to add some color.
1 Like   February 11, 2013 at 1:26PM
0825sam
If you search kitchen photos for maple shaker cabinets tan counters I think you'll see some nice ideas for updating (hardware, stools), backsplash, overall look.
0 Likes   February 11, 2013 at 1:31PM
PRO
Flat Magic Art & Design
Another idea is a custom mural for behind the stove to add visual pop and depth. www.stepheneprice.com
0 Likes   February 24, 2013 at 11:49PM