Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help picking granite for my kitchen
killough
February 11, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Should we do all countertops and Island the same? Or do the Island different. We like darker tones. We liked the brazillian hurricane stone for the Island and a complimentary black granite for the countertops. We are keeping the white tile, it is tumbled look. Give me some ideas and comments please. We are going to repaint the Island before the installation of the granite, thinking we would paint it white again, what are your thoughts?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Eagledzines
This would look nice with black countertop on the perimeter and carrera marble on the island. In my opinion the brazillian hurricane stone has too much movement for this small kitchen. Marble stains more because it is more porous than most granites. If that is a concern, then I would consider quartzite. That would harmonize the white tiles. I would also consider painting the island black.

I love your red walls and glass panels in wall cabinets!!
February 14, 2013 at 1:13pm     
PRO
DirectBuy of Fort Worth
I would look into Cambria quartz...great selection of colors and doesn't look like your typical quartz countertop product line. http://cambriausa.com/our-collection/design-palette/
February 14, 2013 at 1:22pm   
PRO
MarbleWarehousecom
I agree same material for both counter and island top. I would prefer granite slab because granite is a natural stone it does not stain easily. The dry and compact nature of granite slabs prevents bacteria, mold and mildew from growing on its surface.
February 14, 2013 at 1:45pm     
PRO
Stoneshop
For a kitchen of this size, I would use the same granite for your island and perimeter countertops. Your island already appears to be white on my monitor, so I am not sure what you are referring to in that part of your post.
February 14, 2013 at 1:50pm     
killough
Thanks so much for your comments and help. We have decided to go with a granite called brown suede for everything. We like granite because it won't stain as bad a marbel and we like the natural beauty of it compared to quartz. I will post pictures when it is completed. Thanks again!
March 2, 2013 at 9:05pm