Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Plz help me decorate this bedroom
manvisudan
February 11, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hey dis room has one dark brown wall n 3 light brown shade..i m confused about how to decorate the wooden shelf of bed and the wall behind..i m thinking of some rust colured paintings...
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carole
that would bring just more brown!!if this was my room i would bring in white and light bleu,even if you dont want to paint bring it in with the bedding and paintings,that way there is some definition,and lights inside or just on top of the shelf
0 Likes   February 11, 2013 at 1:59PM
manvisudan
Data a lovely augggestio ..should I keep some artficats or photoframes in the lower wooden shelf on the bed or just keep it empty.
0 Likes   February 11, 2013 at 2:04PM
carole
i would not bother with nicknacks and photoframes,once you have light and nice bedding some books and an alarmclock is all a bed needs to be cozy!!
1 Like   February 11, 2013 at 2:28PM
manvisudan
@carole ya i think so too..i was thinking of adding some mini models of antique car in brass too in the side of alarm clock..would it look gud???
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 9:37AM
carole
ofcourse!its your house,there is no right or wrong.But somethings decoration goes wrong because
of use of color or just not knowing what works well together!!thats why HOUZZ is perfect,you can find out what you like better and get tips and new ideas and help someone else with your tips,so..i think,put those cars there and if you are still not sure,take a picture and lets have a look!!!
and a poster like these or something like to put on the wall!!
1 Like   February 12, 2013 at 10:25AM
manvisudan
Ya sumthng like dis only..what colours can look good according to u?
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 10:33AM
carole
i reckon any color would be ok,as it is mixing with wood(brown)you cant really go wrong,do you have different ones,you could decide on all the same colours or all the colors mixed up!!!!!really,it is not something that will go wrong!!!!just do it!!!
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 10:40AM
manvisudan
Hmmm ya..I will look for these..thanks a lot..
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 11:10AM
PRO
Liza Jane Interiors
I would paint the wall a grey/blue color that you have in your curtain fabric. Since the room is small I would keep the color on the lighter side. I agree with the earlier poster...keep it simple. No nick nacks, nice crisp bedding and several layers of pillows to hide the shelf.
1 Like   February 12, 2013 at 11:16AM
manvisudan
Ya that's a good suggestion..I hate the shelf but can't change d bed as these types are very popular in india..:))
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 11:29AM
PRO
Uppercase Living Ind. Demonstrator Erin Seymour
Have you thought of using wall vinyl to add some expression to your room? It really does add that little bit of character and warmth, and can always be removed without damaging the walls. The awesome part about these is that they look like they are painted on the wall- I have a bunch in my house! Plus you can get them in virtually any color to go with your rust walls. I would suggest a dark chocolate brown or maybe a light cream. Check out the ideas before, and let me know if you maybe would like to design something custom! You can browse through the stock designs at: http://erins.uppercaseliving.net
0 Likes   May 20, 2014 at 3:19PM
More Discussions
2 yr professionally installed Kitchen cabinets paint is wearing down
My two year old cabinet paint is wearing thin near...
Help! What does this room need?
Hi thanks in advance! I'm looking for new night stands....
Need advice on furnishing and decorating a small home
My new home for my two boys (8 & 12), our small dog...
Help for Living room
Just moved into a house with a vaulted ceiling in the...
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.