Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
LinOne
April 27, 2011 in Design Dilemma
Has anyone used Stark Paints? If so, do you find it as "no ordor" as they claim?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Emily Hurley
Hi Linone, Did you end up using the paint? What did you think about the smell?
December 14, 2012 at 2:30pm   
LinOne
No, I didn't use the Stark. It's available far from me (in traffic time). I have used Farrow and Ball (zero smell, super excellent paint) and Mythic (no smell; good quality but, of course, not as good and FandB). I do have the Stark "fan deck" (really two brochures), and the colors are extraordinary.
December 14, 2012 at 4:16pm   
Emily Hurley
Thank you so much! I haven't tried Farrow and Ball, but I have always heard wonderful things about it. Surprisingly, no one had mentioned the lack of smell before. GREAT to know.
December 14, 2012 at 4:19pm   
LinOne
About FandB: Beware. It's quality and colors are addictive. I have become quite a sample hog. FandB have a very good web site. The colors are unique and cannot be duplicated by computer by other paint companies. Don't trust that your monitor always shows the real exact shade. Some of the color names (Elephant's Breath 229, Dead Salmon 28, etc) help me appreciate the British sense of humor. I've also mixed colors to come up with the color I see in my mind even though I was told I could not mix them. When friends ask how much they cost, I always tell them, "there's nothing more expensive than a cheap paint job."
December 14, 2012 at 5:23pm   
maureenroth
I am a huge fan of Farrow and Ball paints. The colours (sorry-Canadian spelling, can't help myself) are complex and lovely and the paint quality is fantastic. The paints have a very high pigment content so they cover extremely well. Even though it is pricey paint, you will use much less to cover, saving a lot of labour as well as paint.
December 14, 2012 at 6:57pm   
More Discussions
Your best advice to keep slugs at bay
Few things are as annoying as slugs. They're a gardener's...
Toilet Design Help
Hi guys. We're renovating an old house and are having...
HELP! Calling for inputs for living room and kitchen!
I'm looking to redecorate my kitchen and living room....
Windows frames
We are replacing our home windows and sliding doors...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.