Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help in decor of this room n shelf
manvisudan
February 11, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hey..dis room has reddish master wall wid grey other walls..there is dis woooden shelve i wana decorate in modern way..the furniture will b blackish..wht shd b theme f hone decor n whtbcolours..i was thinking f blackish brown as the buddha statue in this pic.should i decorate whole shelve with one colour accessories or mix matchh.suggestions plz,
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
charleee
May I suggest you repost and spell all your words out? By the time I get the words translated I forget what you're asking.
February 12, 2013 at 9:08am     
Jayme H.
Black on the outside/backs of shelves a lighter color so your things show up better.
February 12, 2013 at 9:15am     
PRO
Mary Poulos Interior and Exterior Design
I would make it a collection of one type of thing. This will simplify and make a more distinct statement.
February 12, 2013 at 9:29am     
manvisudan
@mary poulos wht kind do u suggest..i was planning to have a blackish brown collection just like buddha statue in this pic...can i keep black vases or statues here??the furniture will be in black shade too
February 12, 2013 at 9:34am   
manvisudan
@jayme thnx a lot
@olldbobbi dont u understand english :/
February 12, 2013 at 9:35am   
Jayme H.
manvisudan...r u younger than 40? Ha ha!! I am old...older people have trouble with new lingo...I learned to type on a 75 pound typewriter! LOL!!
February 12, 2013 at 9:44am     
charleee
I understand English just fine, is it you don't know how to spell?
February 12, 2013 at 9:45am     
manvisudan
@jayme ya m 25..we are now used to this kinda language lol...
@olldbobbi omg.y r u getting hyper.just chill..was a joke..chill man
February 12, 2013 at 9:48am   
onthefence
William Saffire is spinning in his grave.
February 12, 2013 at 9:50am     
manvisudan
Lol..guys plz give suggestions for. Decor.I really need help.
February 12, 2013 at 9:55am   
Cindy Helbert
Possible a wood rod and really nice curtains with colors to bring out the colors of the walls and a crystal collection in shadow box or collection in red.
February 12, 2013 at 9:56am     
Jayme H.
I knew u were young...what else do u need help with? My girl is 25, boy 22, boy 7.....Colors r black, red and grey?
February 12, 2013 at 9:57am     
manvisudan
@jayme oh wow.ya walls are red and grey.and furniture is black.I just need to know what kind of collection would look good.will a collection like a blck Buddha in the above pic look good or some vases will look good?
February 12, 2013 at 10:01am   
Jayme H.
Room examples ...Ignore red sofa in the one pic, black sofa would work...I have to look for more pics
February 12, 2013 at 10:03am     
judianna20
manvisudan, you say you are from India? I have a suggestion. Go to Bing Translator. You can type in your questions to us in your native language and it instantly translates into English. You cut and paste here, and we will get a better understanding of your dilemma. If you like, I will be happy to reciprocate and do the same.
हाय, अपने शेल्फ बहुत है 1930, बल्कि कला डेको। मुझे लगता है कि इसे सजाने के लिए एक दिलचस्प तरीका हो सकता है। का संग्रह मज़ा है।
Vintage Malachite Pyramid Figure Paperweight by Honey Bee Pollen
Handcrafted Malachite Elephant
February 12, 2013 at 10:03am     
manvisudan
Can you just help and stop commenting blah blah..just. Help or else u r free to leave this page..
February 12, 2013 at 10:10am     
Jayme H.
It seems like collections look good if they are similar in some way....such as color. If all your items were dark/black...it would look good..and if the background were white/light, the items will show up better.
February 12, 2013 at 10:13am     
manvisudan
@jayme ya dats a lovely suggestion...thanks..look for more pictures if you can..thanks anyways
February 12, 2013 at 10:14am     
Jayme H.
Like this, but with your colors..
February 12, 2013 at 10:17am     
manvisudan
Ya that's nice.so do you think I should go with black colour just like buddha in my pic
February 12, 2013 at 10:20am   
PRO
Mary Poulos Interior and Exterior Design
Hi manvisudan,

I think what you said of keeping everything black-brown is a great Idea and then just for a special focal point put the green/jade items ( a couple) together or a couple white/cream - light items.
February 12, 2013 at 11:48am     
Jayme H.
Sure...use your dark color and like Mary Poulos said...add in a few pieces of green/jade..that would look good!!
February 12, 2013 at 11:57am     
manvisudan
Ya I will do dat...green or gold or. Bronze would help I guess...what say?
February 12, 2013 at 12:34pm   
manvisudan
@Mary ya dats a great idea...I will kinda mix n match black n white accents..n jade colours too
February 12, 2013 at 12:36pm     
manvisudan
Sumthng like this?
February 12, 2013 at 12:49pm   
Jayme H.
Not sure if it would go with the Buddah theme...I would do mostly the same colored items..and then maybe one or two in the center...a different color
February 12, 2013 at 1:02pm   
manvisudan
If we completely keep the Buddha theme aside..will these types look good?I can buy same type of figures in different postures to give a same collection feel.
February 12, 2013 at 1:04pm   
Jayme H.
Sure. I like the woman on the circle best.
February 12, 2013 at 1:05pm     
manvisudan
Yup I liked her best too...:)) I m anning to do all in black and then add one or two in different colours like women on the circle..
February 12, 2013 at 1:07pm     
Jayme H.
Good job! Good luck!
February 12, 2013 at 1:13pm   
manvisudan
Thanks for the help.
February 12, 2013 at 1:19pm     
Aja Mazin
olldbobbi,

A fine bunch of elitist hypocrites we have here!
February 14, 2013 at 1:46pm     
kag123
That looks like natural wood so i wouldn't ever paint it, I would try to match the wood color and use a more substantial wood drapery rod next to it and remove the clock above it. Light jade pieces would be good and shiny too. Something inexpensive would be all green or white/cream Haeger (maybe spelled wrong) ceramic rectangular "planters" usually about 3 inches tall, 2 or three inches deep and 6 or so wide and other shapes also like small vases are easy to find. I think they are from the 40's or 50's so they would match the built-in style. You can pick them up at thrift stores for about five dollars and they have nice shapes. I agree with the other comments that a strong theme rather than random objects are key.
February 14, 2013 at 6:15pm   
manvisudan
@kag123 thnx for the help.I was thinkg of the planters n vases too..I hope I get items in same style n design to make a strong theme
February 14, 2013 at 11:17pm   
More Discussions
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
Redecorate Small Entry ideas
I have received such GREAT ideas on Houzz that now...
I feel like something is missing.... Need some help!
I feel feel like this bedroom is missing something!...
OMG!!! I just bought my first home and I need help remodeling!!!!
So I just bought a small town home, about 1400sq ft.,...
Comment for a chance to win! POLL: Simple FREE home projects
Which one of these simple home projects would you like...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.