Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Living Room
dlounge
February 11, 2013 in Before & After
A couple pictures of the before and after of my living room. For the past couple weeks, been giving the downstairs a fresh look. In the before photo, the wire were hanging because I was painting the baseboards.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
claudiann
It looks very nice. I would add another set of curtains if you close them a lot. I think you need more fullness.
February 11, 2013 at 8:09PM     
dlounge
Thank you! Funny, would of never thought of doing that till you pointed that out. We keep them open most of them time, but after my looooonnnggg list of projects, might look into that.
February 11, 2013 at 8:34PM   
dlounge
I've been on the hunt for the perfect artwork to hang on both sides of the tv to add a punch of color, haven't found it yet.
February 11, 2013 at 8:40PM   
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
Forget the artwork for now. The TV & stand is way too small for that wall. I would purchase tall shelving units for each side of the TV stand, to bulk it up, then find a piece of metal art to hang over the TV portion. Look for a larger rug with some color & pattern, use colors from rug on pillows for sofa. Then look for some great..large art. Look at inexpensive drapery..really. Hang them higher, and purchase 95/96" long ones. At least double widths, hang them off to the sides so they do not cover the window when they are open. Maybe a couple tables & lamps. Tall green plant. Maybe a sofa table behind a sofa.
February 11, 2013 at 9:04PM     
dlounge
Awesome suggestions! It looks small in the photo, here's another picture with me next to it to compare size. Had the discussion for a bigger tv, but we have a dedicated home theatre room upstairs, so would rather use the money more wisely. We plan on remodeling the master bathroom after I'm done painting, adding a backsplash to the kitchen, a new fridge, etc, etc. it's adding up quickly, lol.
February 11, 2013 at 9:58PM   
dlounge
As far as bulking up that area, was thinking tall vertical framed art with a nice white mat and thick frame. May have to create the art myself and get it framed to exact size.
February 11, 2013 at 10:09PM   
dlounge
Thank you everyone for your feedback, really appreciate it. This is my first post and will take what I had in mind to the next level. I'll post more photos when I'm done with phase 1.
February 11, 2013 at 10:18PM   
Darzy
You could flank the tv with "room dividers" etigeres..

February 11, 2013 at 10:37PM   
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
The openness of the TV stand plus the overall small scale is the problem. Look at the wall. This unit is too squat as well. I know money is the issue, but look at Target, or IKEA if you can. A taller, with doors, & open space cabinet for the TV to sit upon and maybe some shelving units would really help. These things can be very inexpensive. Then add large art...you certainly have the room.
February 12, 2013 at 8:35AM   
More Discussions
Pendant light height
When we remodeled our kitchen, we raised the ceiling...
Please help me create a romantic bedroom!
I saw this quilt in the PB store, fell in love with...
Icky Decor; Cool Room
Hi from Louisiana! We moved into a much bigger house...
Awkward, ugly, old cabinets
Please help! I am 21, and I'm renting a house that...
Server/buffet
I want to get a server/buffet for my dining room but...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.