Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need idea's for my den??
meme2211
February 11, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Help needed for this huge den. I know possibly a nice size colorful rug? Hmmm???? Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Darzy
I agree with you a nice size colorful rug would punch up the space. Or, a animal print style for "punch". I'd also suggest paint the crown moulding and baseboards a white color so the room doesn't feel "choppy" or lower the ceiling height.

February 11, 2013 at 11:26pm     
PRO
LB Interiors
Yes, a rug will also give you color inspirartion. Also suggest to paint molding. Agree with Darzy. I think the lamps are too tall and too large. Maybe lamps that are more contemporary and with blue or green bases , using the color from one of Darzy's rug ideas.
February 11, 2013 at 11:56pm     
PRO
decorhut
hmmmmm
what about a rug like
February 12, 2013 at 12:04am   
nancy22032
Bring your chairs and loveseat away from the wall, into a curving conversation group opposite the TV.
Your round tables would complement and you could get a colorful round or oval rug to tie it all together.
The seating looks very comfy and inviting, how about some colorful pillows and throws for emphasis.
February 12, 2013 at 12:29am   
PRO
LB Interiors
Maybe move the TV unit a little farther to the right. It feels too close to the drapery. Centered of the catycornered position.
February 12, 2013 at 1:03am   
Stacey Taylor
An area rug would be nice, but it looks like your floorplan is what needs the most attention. It's a bit difficult to really understand where things are in the space from the photographs. If you are able to sketch a simple floorplan, I'm sure we could offer more suggestions. (Boxes with the word "sofa", "love seat", "chair", and circles with "coffee table", "end table", etc., as well as marking doorways & windows.) Or else add several more photos so we can see how things relate in the space. I can tell that your furniture is pushed against the walls in some areas, leaving large unused spaces in front of it. Bring the furniture out into the middle of the room. You can put sofa tables behind furniture if you like, and add books, lamps, accessories, etc to style it. It's ok to have room to walk behind the furniture. It's most important that your space is functional for you. Create areas where seating faces other seating so people can talk comfortably. Have end tables right next to chairs so people can set down a drink or other item. From the photos, it looks like you have enough room and furniture pieces to have both a tv area where seating faces the television, as well as a separate seating area for conversation where furniture pieces (and therefore people) face each other to talk, play games, etc.
February 12, 2013 at 1:07am     
PRO
Vaskor
You may think to change to wooden floor. Rug is the easiest solution, but as you have different colors objects in the room, nothing will go perfect. if you go for rug, take one bright color , like brown/silver/dark golden or Purple.
Remove one Light shed, preferably the one with purple wall. Bring in some greenery.
A red colored cushion is not going with the color theme. You may try with black/dark grey to bring symmetry with the painting on the wall.
Change the bin, use ceramics/porcelain or stainless steel.
If possible change the color of stair wall. Blue is not looking good from the room. You can try with pale orange or yes white.
Three wall frames behind single sofa: you can set those in different array, keep the small two up & down keeping the big one as it is. Or shift the small one to the window side beside the other small one.

if you tried these changes and you like it , please mail me to : shafquat.alam@getco.com.bd . Even it dose not go with your choice,please share your thoughts.
February 12, 2013 at 2:35am