Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help selecting a table
maximista
February 11, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Does anybody have this table? What do you think about the reclaimed wood and steel piping? Do you like it? I am considering it for my minimalist kitchen/dining/living room - concrete floors, white walls. I dont know what kind of a chair would go with it.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Deborah Vanderzel Designs
Love it, very industrial chic
February 11, 2013 at 8:57pm   
janeannrob
LOVE it! Looks good in a variety of decor from transitional, traditional and modern of course! I've seen these types of tables paired with chrome retro chairs, mis-matched traditional chairs, modern chairs, etc. Versatile! Uber-cool with the minimalist vibe you're going for!
February 11, 2013 at 8:58pm   
backbonemountain
My first thought was mismatched chairs! Or stools on the sides and chairs with backs on either end.
February 11, 2013 at 9:10pm   
Darzy
February 11, 2013 at 9:22pm   
maximista
Thank you! I like the Eames chair - maybe in white+walnut? Originally, I only wanted white everything but I like the table so I may give up on the strickly white.
February 11, 2013 at 10:26pm     
Darzy
I love the white eames chair choice! There are reproductions for less $$ too. Depending on the size of the table, you could do "head chairs" in a different style (pulled up from the living space when you have extra guests).
February 11, 2013 at 10:33pm   
onthefence
Good gravy I love that table! That is simply gorgeous. I really like your choice too of the eames char in white with walnut. Is that what the wood is on the tabletop? Can I ask where you found the table?

I like your space as well and I think the decision to break up the white a bit with some rustic wood is going to look spectacular.
February 11, 2013 at 10:38pm     
rickster88
Great table! Love how designers reuse reclaimed materials to produce visually appealing home decor.
I cannot judge fully from the limited photos you have posted but if you don't plan to sit for very long I think you need low-fi chairs or benches which will suit it very well
February 12, 2013 at 1:17am   
rickster88
Sorry I meant stools or benches
February 12, 2013 at 1:18am   
Julie Dyer
Love the table and your chair selection!!
February 12, 2013 at 3:40am   
DIAspoton
love the table. the white eames or the minotti acrylic
February 12, 2013 at 4:01am   
Erin Rehill-Seker
I share a similar taste, and just came across a similar table at www.zinhome.com that I am thinking about buying. They also have a nice variety of industrial dining chairs that might fit what you're looking for. I especially love these chairs made from reclaimed army tents, they are modern and yet very organic looking.
February 15, 2013 at 5:18am   
PRO
What's Inside Design Ltd.
Good morning Minimalista,
I'm hearing wood, steel, concrete.....
My instinct is to balance all those hard elements with soft and comfortable chairs.
(They can still be very minimalistic.)
I'm not sure if you're style is minimalistic in colour too, so I added a few options.
Good luck and have fun!!!
Caroline :)
February 15, 2013 at 7:03am   
suzanne_m
Sorry for the poor photoshop. I am really not an expert but I have done an attempt at placing the chair behind your table. The chair with the table will be perfect!
May 12, 2013 at 8:53pm     
monicakaufmann
I think you might tire of the pipe/elbow legs. Top is fabulous. Legs just too gimmicky. 4 benches along sides and some special arm chairs at ends. Dames would not look great. Too expected.
May 12, 2013 at 9:38pm   
hockey5697
Love the table.
One observation....the table is not wide and the diagonal support bars underneath may be knee-knockers. Pull up a chair and try it out before you buy. Hope it works because the aesthetic is great!
May 12, 2013 at 10:41pm   
onthefence
I'm still so loving that table!
May 12, 2013 at 11:06pm   
monicakaufmann
Write down what you love about the table, what you're neutral about, and anything that's questionable. And figure out your chairs before you get the table. It's like painting a room and then putting in new furniture...you're sort of stuck with a palette. You can do ths if you're not impulsive!
May 13, 2013 at 8:50am   
felixgrantham
I host a lot of dinners. Be sure your chairs are COMFORTABLE! Any style is going to look fine with the cool reclaimed wood. To add warmth to the room, you need to either add a rug under the table, and/or go w/ upholstered chairs.
May 13, 2013 at 8:56am   
PRO
Mona Ives
Love the table - I'd go with fabric chairs if only for comfort... and also it will soften the look!
May 13, 2013 at 8:58am