Professionals
Users
Please comment
lubov astrakhantseva
February 11, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hi, this is my project, please comment on
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
mbdesign | boutique studio
where is this? I mean in which country? Why you made double "roof structure" on the main facade? There is any functional reason for that? Also that structure is going to the glass...doesn't look nice. I would make more simple, To me strange, too many elements without particular function.
February 11, 2013 at 9:34pm     
lubov astrakhantseva
I am an architect of Russia, I'm curious to know your opinion about my project. This is a residential project
February 11, 2013 at 9:36pm   
lubov astrakhantseva
upper roof is a decorative railing
February 11, 2013 at 9:39pm   
mbdesign | boutique studio
well, I dont like the pillars, You didn't place them symmetrical, also what about space between pillar and handrail from stairs?
February 11, 2013 at 9:52pm     
PRO
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
I don't mind the curved ends, but you need to soften the brick by either adding more windows or creating a soft curve on the front as well - really don't like the, long dark recessed driveway, can you not make that go away - maybe around to the side of the house?

Interesting concept, just needs to be tweaked...
February 11, 2013 at 9:55pm     
pruner
I can understand the need for structural support of the balcony and its shade roof, but the branching tree idea certainly is 'out there' - would it not actually be weaker at the joints? I'd be inclined to curve the ends of the balcony roof to echo the other curves. What is the internal layout?
February 11, 2013 at 10:48pm     
lubov astrakhantseva
thank you very much for your attention. This is the first sketch, I have to change a lot, your opinion is very important to me. Sorry for my bad English
February 11, 2013 at 10:56pm   
lubov astrakhantseva
Here are sketches
February 11, 2013 at 10:59pm   
PRO
ASVInteriors
While any house can be built to suit any taste, the important thing for me is that, based on where it is, it allows enough natural light. Your design allows for a lot of luminosity. So you will need good thermal windows if the house is in an area that will suffer extreme temperatures.

If there is snow - how does the flat roof ensure waterproofing - as settling snow tends to work its way into the ceiling. Do you have a slight slope or possibility for run-off.

Final question, from an aesthetic point of view: if you have created a curved building, why have you put a rectangular portico?

Best of luck with this intriguing project.
February 12, 2013 at 1:17am     
Sigrid
I agree that you should put the garage in the back. As it is, you have a ditch in front of your house. I'd curve the path to the garage, too. It will be easier to get in and out of, and mirror the curves in your house.

I'm not a fan of the black steps. They are too harsh. I'd pick a lighter gray --- I presume they are stone?
I'm not sure I like the bright yellow and the harsh black. You've obviously done this on a computer. I suggest you play around with colors to get a more harmonious blend. I'd try a lighter yellow brick, brown for the tree-like supports, and cream for the window trim, and a green for the roof. That would play off the tree-like bits of your columns. I might also be tempted to put a bit of art-noveau on the balcony with leaves/vines.
February 12, 2013 at 1:45am     
lubov astrakhantseva
I design on the existing foundation, and move garage entrance impossible. A little later, I'll post pictures of what is now there. Roof provides water runoff, snow is blown by the wind through the cracks in the parapet (maybe I'm not quite right I write, but do not laugh), glazing designs are also quite reliable. Balcony in the next version will have a rectangular shape, brick facade, I also take away.
February 12, 2013 at 2:19am   
lubov astrakhantseva
Color so far for me is not important, on this I will also work. Great idea with floral ornament in the balcony rail, I'll try to draw. I'd like to do something unusual.
February 12, 2013 at 2:23am   
rinqreation
Looks like a dutch car-sales building to me, not residential.
February 12, 2013 at 2:40am     
rinqreation
I do not like the balcony structure. The treelike branches should be more spread (to the sides of the building) or use simpeler columns. They are now more fencing off, not welcoming. And I would take away the entire balcony-roof and copy the shape of the roof (or extend the roof a little).
Overall it shows too many constructional features to look like a cosy home, too many angles.
February 12, 2013 at 2:47am     
lubov astrakhantseva
I figured, I'll redo everything
February 12, 2013 at 4:27am   
PRO
K.O.H. Construction Corporation
Modern homes don't have that much ornamentation. Keep it simple, let the function dictate the form but be creative and sensible with the form.
February 12, 2013 at 5:12am     
rinqreation
The shape of the house should be used in a bigger plan, such as 5 or 6 houses like these built in a circle, with adjacent backyards and a cirlcular playground or park in the middle. It willdd strength to the design.
February 12, 2013 at 5:23am   
lubov astrakhantseva
I have not had anything to design, lay out a little later
February 12, 2013 at 5:38am   
groveraxle
An intriguing design. It would be stronger, I think, if the balcony roof and the posts were all removed.
February 12, 2013 at 10:15am     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.