powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help on our renovated living and family room in one.
garnette98
February 11, 2013 in Design Dilemma
need ideas/suggestions on what to do on the space close to the piano. we did an open concept. one side is the living room and on the other side is the family room.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
Love those white sofas. That area looks great. Define each area with a large rug. Move the piano/organ, can't really tell, toward the living room area..make that the line of demarcation. Where the piano is now, angle a large chair & ottoman into the family room area..that will also help define that space. Angle another chair in front of the window into the area and move the sofa down just a little toward the fireplace. Add simple drapery panels, hung high and off to the sides on all windows. Use the colors from your new rugs (colorful & patterned) to add pillows to sofas. Add some tables & lamps, and you are getting it together.
0 Likes   February 11, 2013 at 9:47PM
Darzy
Yes, those two white sofas are great. I'd swap the spaces and "divide". Put the two white sofas in a "L" shape facing the FP and tv dividing the TV room from the "music room". Move the piano over across from a sofa (taken from the FR) by the bay window. Two chairs and side table at the window.
0 Likes   February 11, 2013 at 11:52PM
PRO
decorhut
2nd and 3rd one should go the best, especially near the sofa set
Thanks
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 12:07AM
PRO
LB Interiors
I'd move the piano in the center of the wall. On the right side, place a floor screen to partially divide the areas of living room and piano space. Maybe add a tall plant on the left side of the piano. On the left side of the piano, away from the wall, add a bar height table with four chairs. Great for drinks and music. It looks like you have the space. Move the floor lamp very close to white sofa.

Move the round mirror over the fireplace and the artwork over the piano. Trade places.
Maybe catycorner the TV in the family room and place the larger of any sofas exactly opposite the fireplace.
1 Like   February 12, 2013 at 12:50AM