Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help for my first floor
robduncan21
February 12, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Good morning to you all,

I need help for my first floor. In this space i need to place two rooms, a bath, a little living room and the place for the stairs. I realized this project with an app for my iPad. I'm not an interior designer, i wish that a day it could be my work. I'm a web developer from Rome (Italy). I'd like to know if i did a good job with this floor. The total space is 42mq.

Thank you and sorry for my english :)

Greetings for Rome
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rinqreation
Is it possible for you to move the kids room door to the right side of the room? And move the batroom door too? So the three doors will be next to eachother? Than you would at least have one corner in your livingroom and a corner in your bathroom. Couches and showers need quite a lot of space. And what does your other floor look like? As in: what do you want to do in your livingroom? Watch tv? Eat? Study? And how many kids need to sleep in this room? Last question in this post: is this floor now empty or are the walls already there?
1 Like   February 12, 2013 at 2:53AM
consignado
How about adjusting your bedroom side to 3.7-3.8m instead of 4.01m? Then have an L shape bathroom by having its door facing the bedroom. Try to lay-out your sink, toilet bowl and shower area. You can easily make changes even in the living area if you lay out the sofa and tv.
1 Like   February 12, 2013 at 3:00AM
robduncan21
Thank you for the replies.
@rinqreation
Yes it's possible to move the doors of every rooms.
Now we don't have any kids, but i think that room for the future.
The other floor is downstairs, and compose by an open kitchen, the main living room or multimedia room, and another bathroom. The downstairs is 42mq like the upstairs.
Now the place is empty and there isn't any wall. I realized this project with an iPad app, i'm looking for a interior designer course in Rome, but in italy this is a profession with few demand of work. With the project of my home i found i was a fan of interior designer.
Each the floor are empty. I Think to build the floor in this way.
1. FIRST FLOOR (upstairs) a stateroom to watch tv, a kids room, a bedroom, a bath and the place for the stairs (for building reason the stairs shall be in the position where i drew in the picture).
2. SECOND FLOOR (downstairs) a great and open kitchen with the main living room/media room and another bathroom.
Later i will attach a photo of the second floor.
@consignado
It's nice the idea of an L bathroom, but i think that i have few space to do that.

Thank you so much!!!
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 4:02AM
rinqreation
How about the drain and water? Do you need to install new ones too? Where is the toilet located on the other floor?
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 5:16AM
robduncan21
Now it doesen't matter the position of the downstairs bathroom, we need drain and water new ones. This house has just the foundations without walls.
Now i will give you some picture of the house.

Thank you so much
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 5:39AM
robduncan21
This is the house, but the downstairs is not visibile yet, it's the same space
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 5:54AM
robduncan21
We have not yet decided the location of the toilet and we need to install drain and water new ones.
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 5:56AM
bevballew
House looks beautiful. I assume the bedroom windows face the other house. I agree to move at least the kids room door. When you walk in from the door in the living room you do not want to look right into the bedroom. Bathroom seems to be in a good place as you do not want to walk in and see a bathroom. When you walk into the living room it will be nice to look straight ahead at the wall and have it decorated nicely to be inviting.
1 Like   February 12, 2013 at 6:06AM
robduncan21
@bevballew

Yes, we have the same idea! :) the bedroom windows face the other house, and i will move the kids room door. Now i will give you a picture of my living room idea.
Thank you so much!
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 6:42AM
soberg
The living room is very small compared to the bedrooms. Try planning actual furniture placement in your design so you can make sure there is space for the items you want and need.
1 Like   February 12, 2013 at 6:50AM
robduncan21
@soberg

Thank you for the idea, but we have another living room more bigger than this. We want to make our main living room downstairs.
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 7:03AM
robduncan21
I prefer to place the kids room and the bedroom upstairs, so the room have more light than the downstairs.
Downstairs there's few external light, and i think that it's better to have the bedrooms with many external lights.
I prefer to place kitchen and living room downstairs.
What do you think about it?
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 9:06AM
PRO
Susan Binder
Bedrooms for sleeping should be dark while daily living areas are best with more natural light. Maybe in Rome it is very sunny and the light is too warm for daytime use rooms.
1 Like   February 12, 2013 at 9:16AM
robduncan21
That's a good idea. But i like the kids room with more air and lights, also the bedroom.
It's true that the living room are beautiful with more natural lights.
I don't know how to place the room!
The downstairs will have little windows. I will attach a picture
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 10:23AM
rinqreation
You probably thought about this, so excuse me for telling it again; but place your bedroom on the side where the sun comes up.
And try decorating all the rooms, before you put up walls. Sometimes you'll discover a straight wall isn't the best option. Think about closets, shower-stall, etc.
1 Like   February 12, 2013 at 1:01PM
robduncan21
Ok, thank you
I think that i can put living room and kitchen upstairs and the bedroom and kids room downstairs. With two floor 42mq each other it could be the best option for the house.
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 11:29PM
bevballew
I agree. As you enter your house from street level the bedrooms should be downstairs and the kitchen and licing space should be on the main floor level. Why did you want to put the kitchen and living room downstairs? The area you enter from the street should be the kitchen and living room.
0 Likes   February 14, 2013 at 5:07AM