Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help. what do do in this room??
Lara Lee Home
February 12, 2013 in Design Dilemma
just cant figure this room out. I need some drama . thanks for looking !!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
pruner
Gorgeous walls, ceilings, floor and furniture, however I'm a little confused as to the use and furniture layout here - sorry. It appears you have your dining suite backing onto a lounge area, and a large open section beside them ... is that right? If so, the open area needs furniture and furnishings as well to make the most of the fireplace and outdoor views - even a reading nook would help to cosy up this area. Adding some large artworks and flowers would add your drama.
February 12, 2013 at 5:53pm   
PRO
Dytecture
Photos of all the walls in the room would be helpful.
February 12, 2013 at 6:05pm   
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Lighting of the area will be one of the most important items. The bones are great, so just add beautiful furnishings and proper lighting. It will be sensational!
February 12, 2013 at 6:22pm     
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
Well, let me first say I love the room and the color. I would place 2 chairs by the fireplace with a round end table and a round ottoman. This will give you a cozy place to sit and gaze into the fire with a friend. It looks as though you have TV viewing covered with the existing seating arrangement.
February 12, 2013 at 6:27pm   
PRO
Anatomy Of Style
Hire an interior designer:)
February 12, 2013 at 6:42pm     
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Always a good idea, Anatomy!
February 12, 2013 at 7:07pm   
PRO
Scott's Creative Home
Looks like you have a fresh start. To add drama look for wildly unique furnishings and art. Adding a single chandelier with some crystals or glass could give you drama.

http://www.scottscreativehome.com/
February 12, 2013 at 7:17pm   
Cheryl @ Artzzle.com
Beautiful spaces here. The ceilings and wood treatments are gorgeous. It would be helpful to see the rooms and spaces on the rest of the fireplace wall and behind your table and chairs. As the empty area pictured appears to be a bit separated from the living room; a lively wallpaper above the paneling just in that area could be a fun design element. If you're keeping the blues and whites, tie the pattern colors in, but find something with a stand-out 3rd color for an accent. Then pull your accent into the living room, with pillows, glass or whatever you have for accessories. Your dining room chairs could feature a compatible print. If wallpaper scares you, consider painting just the ceiling in your empty area in an accent color. As for furniture arrangement, you could move your dining pieces into that space, or make a cozy reading "snuggle" area with two comfortable chairs and an ottoman, with a book table and fun lamp on an area rug in front of the fireplace. There are so many things you could do here ... have fun.
February 13, 2013 at 9:48am   
pruner
Where have your other photos gone? This really is a lovely space - big enough for a lodging house!
February 13, 2013 at 5:40pm   
Lkristine
You have such a beautiful home!!!!!! If you want to add some drama to the area you posted, I would consider some black and white window panels. Then on the wall to the right, you could add this set of frames and randomly add colored fabric you love, or even scrapbook paper, to add the wall color, as well as randomly place black and white family pics to balance it all out. Love your room!!!!!! http://www.etsy.com/listing/80583421/two-96-x50-custom-designer-curtain?ref=sr_gallery_3&sref=sr_8451f509ddd5493fce2e4bb3bd531d7ed129c2695b853517f881005df984245b_1360806364_14190509_panel&ga_search_query=black+and+white+curtain+panels&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all http://www.amazon.com/Pinnacle-11FW1443-Black-7-piece-Solid/dp/B0083GP89G/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1360806703&sr=1-2&keywords=picture+frame+set+black
February 13, 2013 at 6:04pm   
abbshel
Love your paint color, wood trim, and wood floors.
Can't think of what to do with it - but love it!

What are you aiming for? What are the spaces designated for?
It appears to be a living and dining area..... What else?
February 13, 2013 at 6:09pm