Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Moving into highrise condo, need help with layout
Saakib Zafrani
February 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Well, the floor plans and such I'm looking at seem spacious enough for what I want, but the layout makes it difficult for me to imagine how to place the things I want. I'm not design expert, and this is really my first go at something like this.

Anyways, there are four areas of the home which will be important to me besides the master bedroom. The kitchen, the pool table, the living area/theater, and a small dining area (4 chairs or so). I have to have a big screen tv, and I would love a theater seating like set up.

I'll attach an image of the floor plan I'm considering. I'm working with walls of windows and 10ft ceilings.

Seems like plenty of square footage, and I'll be living by myself. These are 2 br plans, and I'd plan to knock out of partially knock out a wall to the second bedroom as I'll be living by myself.

I really like the "walk in" kitchen in the second floor plan, even though the overall unit is less space.

Any help or insight would be much appreciated.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
I prefer plan 2, on the right because of the galley kitchen, one of my favorite styles. Since the bedroom is windowless, your theater space would work very well there. I might use that walk-in closet as a wine cellar, video game room or home office. Since you don't need a lot of dining space, you can snug a round table and 4 chairs closer to the balcony doors at the kitchen end.
Looks like you have plenty of space to work a pool table in here. You'll need shot space all around it.
West 14th - Media Room steve Woolridge
1 Like   February 14, 2013 at 12:52PM
PRO
Dytecture
My pick is Sanctuary. It just feels more spacious with full window right from the living to the kitchen. And if you decide to open up bedroom 2, it would also create a wider, open space compared to Oasis.
0 Likes   February 14, 2013 at 1:08PM
Saakib Zafrani
My main concern is making the spaces work. For the theater I want at least an 82" screen and I'd need to account for shot space for the pool table. I don't know how much space to allocate and how to go about it.
0 Likes   February 14, 2013 at 1:16PM