Users
Centerpiece ideas for my coffee table
Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
February 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Need some colors to warm it up...
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Carriage Lane Design-Build Inc.
I would look into coffee books to give a range of colors and stack a pretty paperweight on top, perhaps bronze or blue in nature, alongside a fiew more nick naks. I hate to group items in the middle, spread it out a little and build on top of one another to create heights.
1 Like   February 13, 2013 at 9:18AM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
I like the pieces you have. I would however not center them but put them off to one side. You could also add color with flowers and a colorful candle. I would also put a colorful plate or other low item on the other side. Your doing great so far with the items you've chosen.
1 Like   February 13, 2013 at 9:20AM
PRO
Cheryl Draa Interior Designs
I agree with the above designer, but perhaps also put down a table runner, or a pretty scarf under the books and things you already have. That would add some color to the room and ground the glass table (also keeps off fingerprints).
1 Like   February 13, 2013 at 9:22AM
PRO
Liza Jane Interiors
I agree with both posters...move glass vases to one end, add books and change heights. I have added a photo or two.
1 Like   February 13, 2013 at 9:30AM
Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
What colors should I add?
0 Likes   February 13, 2013 at 1:53PM
PRO
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Put flowers with more colour, a textured round mat in the middle and a big jar of jellybeans! Try cranberry for colour. If possible, add some baskets under the table. Your space needs some texture and curves.
0 Likes   February 13, 2013 at 3:24PM
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
You do not want anything that is too tall. When you sit on the sofa can you see the person sitting across from you while having a conversation? It always bothers me when people put tall objects on the coffee table and you cannot have conversation...keep it low. A beautiful large bowl, a small green plant, several books, etc.
0 Likes   February 13, 2013 at 3:28PM
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
Colors should be what you like. Make it a variety of colors and the objects interesting. As your rug is also very neutral..add some colorful pillows to your sofa. Hang some neutral, natural fiber drapery panels off the sides of the windows and hung high (95-96") on a simple rod. This will add softness to the room and make it look more completed.
1 Like   February 13, 2013 at 3:31PM
abbshel
Just my opinion, but I think silk flowers are so outdated except in small arrangements that act as a complement to the larger picture. I do like a silk tree in a corner (just one or two per home).

I like what LizaJane and Barbara Griffith posted.
1 Like   February 13, 2013 at 3:39PM
Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
Can you help me with any picture?
0 Likes   February 13, 2013 at 3:46PM
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
Add drapery panels first..It will take up some of the space between the windows. Always try to find large art for small spaces..In larger spaces, do groupings, 1 large piece with several smaller pieces with it.
0 Likes   February 13, 2013 at 3:57PM
decoenthusiaste
Lower the art above the sofa to within 5-8" of the back so it is part of the vignette you're creating. Agree on drapery, pillows. Your coffee and side table seem very hard edged and cold for this room. Consider warming it up with curves and wood. Try something versatile and useful.
Hammary Concierge 2-Piece Round Coffee Table Set
Magnussen T1020 Juniper Wood Round Coffee Table with 4 Stools
American Drew Tribecca Round Coffee Table
Magnussen T1096-45 Newark Wood Round Coffee Table
0 Likes   February 13, 2013 at 4:08PM
More Discussions
Help needed to rev up the room
I posted earlier, but here are more pics to give a...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
What would you do? Botched tile job.
I have had multiple issues with my remodel. The latest...
Need help with design of replacement windows
We are ready to replace the old casement non functioning...
TV above fire place, between french door,where does the cable box goes
we are building a house, and our TV is above our fireplace...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.