powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
ORB door hardware, SN and chrome everywhere else in an open concept???
petes287
February 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I've read a ton opinions here on the topic but wanted to see if I could get an update specific to our situation.

We're doing a full remodel w additions. Doors, cabinets and millworks will all be painted white (probably BM White Dove). We're thinking we'd like to use SN kitchen hardware and chrome in the baths.

Would ORB stand out too much in the open concept living area/kitchen and in the tighter bathrooms upstairs?

Here's a picture from the living area into the kitchen area if it helps. Contractor says all hardware should match
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Brenda Fisher
Hardware does not need to match anymore. Choose a connecting element, style, shape or finish and mix and match between rooms to achieve the mood you want. We use ORB and CH and glass in different rooms but all have a craftsman style. You can use a variety just make sure there is a sense of connection from room to room. Don't change finish and style in rooms that are open to each other. You can also use elements in your furniture and lighting to help tie your finishes together. Builders tend to look at the hardware as the only jewelry in the house, you know what your finished space will look like so trust your gut!
0 Likes   February 14, 2013 at 11:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
JWinteriors
Pay close attention to all metals. Some contractors will still put brass door hinges on..seems to be their default. Same applies to door stops. Stainless appliances are beautiful, but your hardware could be pewter, bronze or brushed nickel. Bathrooms could have BN faucets but still have bronze light fixture and door knobs. If you are going to do entry doors with bronze...its important to carry that throughout the floor. If the upstairs has BN, than that entire floor should match.
0 Likes   February 14, 2013 at 11:12PM
More Discussions
Kitchen cabinets and fireplace built ins - color scheme
Can anyone give advice on what color/wood tone to choose...
Need help updating living room
We are working on decorating our living room. Looking...
Tiling question
I like your bathroom design. Could tell me where can...
Granite install issues!!
Our contractor told us there would not be a seam in...
Checking
Need help with my order I ordered an area rug Kathleen...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.