Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Plant shelves - what do I do with them?
Kari Palomo
February 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Please ignore the very lived in home at the moment, but I need advice on these upper shelves. What am I supposed to do with them? I'm in the process of redoing this great room space and this is one thing I haven't figured out.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tennisanyone
I would take all the stuff down and live with nothing or sheetrock them. There is not enough room on top to showcase anything substantial so then it just looks like clutter.
4 Likes   February 13, 2013 at 3:13PM
decoenthusiaste
Ignore them, but I would seriously consider removing the "slab" above the door so that it opens up to the ceiling.
2 Likes   February 13, 2013 at 4:23PM
PRO
LB Interiors
Love the lighting there. I suggest ... Add groups of large items, vase, small vignettes with wide space between. Not too much. Maybe 3 choice areas. If you have more room that needs something then 5 areas, but don't overcrowd the open spaces. Leave wide space between the groupings. I would like to see something there. I would leave the space open as it is a nice architechtural feature and already has the lighting, even if you don't want anything showcased.
3 Likes   February 13, 2013 at 4:29PM
Kari Palomo
Yeah I was thinking about just leaving them empty. My budget is already busted with the new furniture I ordered (gotta love MG+BW!) so that would be my preference. I never considered opening up that entryway area but I like the idea. We would just have to move electrical to the ceiling. Other than that it seems fairly simple. I need a new front door too. It's funny how things look so much more cluttered in pictures than in person.
3 Likes   February 13, 2013 at 6:52PM
wildfan
We left ours completely empty, other than Christmas time when we used the space to display our Department 56.
0 Likes   February 13, 2013 at 7:49PM
decoenthusiaste
0 Likes   February 17, 2013 at 6:01AM
More Discussions
Paint color scheme ideas
We recently purchased this home and are having it repainted...
Still not quite right
We have painted, and repainted, the Hardie Shake siding...
Need help with this room
I am not sure what to do with this room that goes out...
trying to make a decision
please show me a updated bathroom thats installed a...
Kitchen counters
Trying to find a granite to go with blue pearl. Plan...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.