Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Do these lights work together? Open Floor Plan Light Combination
ktmcgowan
February 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I need to select lighting for a great room/living room that is open to the kitchen and dining area. I like this contemporary light for the living room, the silver pendants above the bar and a more shabby chic white chandelier for the dining area. Do all of these looks go together? Is this too many different styles?

Please note the picture of the space is from the model home. Our home will have the same layout but we will have light gray walls, dark wood floors and an all white kitchen (white cabinets, white subway tile backsplash and kashmir white granite countertops).

Please let me know your thoughts on the combination or if you have other suggestions for the living room or dining room fixtures. I think I am pretty stuck on the silver pendants. (I also attached a picture I had in my ideabook that inspired the silver pendants)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Ironwood Builders
Ceiling fan is not like the others....Sesame Street.
0 Likes   February 13, 2013 at 8:44PM
ktmcgowan
Here are the lights I like....could not attach all the pictures to the original post. Thanks for your input! I was thinking white chandelier in the dining area, pendants over the countertop and modern light where the fan is in the living room picture.
1 Like   February 13, 2013 at 8:45PM
ktmcgowan
These are what got my fixated on the silver pendants over the island in the kitchen area:
Contemporary Kitchen design by San Francisco Interior Designer Jute Interior Design
Contemporary Kitchen design by Minneapolis Architect Charlie Simmons - Charlie & Co. Design, Ltd.
0 Likes   February 13, 2013 at 8:51PM
kramirezlaw
The lights don't go with each other. Chandelier is very feminine and chic, then you have the modern light and then the industrial looking pendant lights. Your space has some very traditional trimming on the fireplace and the walls, so I would lean toward the style of the white chanelier. Check out these these pendant lights and flush mount light. They are whimsical but still modern. Check out lampsplus.com
1 Like   February 13, 2013 at 9:06PM
mdamron61
White track lighting in the living room along the sides?
0 Likes   February 13, 2013 at 10:29PM
PRO
Helga Simmons Interior Design LLC
I would do away with that fan. It's dated. I would have no center ceiling light, but retrofit can lighting along the walls and have several table lamps and floor lamps throughout the room for ambient and task lighting.
0 Likes   February 13, 2013 at 10:51PM